Holy shit.

He was here.

Is he still here?

It happened.

Holy shit.

I search around the room, looking for any signs of the gorgeous boy with the gorgeous accent when I see a cup of coffee sitting next to me. Underneath the coffee is a note. I grab the cup and take a sip while further adjusting my eyes to see the note.

You're adorable when you sleep. Meet me in the kitchen.

H

I smile and take another sip before shifting to the side of the bed to stand up. When I realize that I'm still naked, I blush slightly and wrap my blanket around me before moving to the closet. I change into cotton shorts and a plain white shirt and give myself a quick look in the mirror. I run my fingers through my long hair to smooth it out a bit, then stop to really look at my face. My cheeks are still rosy, almost like I'm still blushing but I know I'm not.

I look healthy.

I look new.

As soon as I open my bedroom door, the smell of bacon rushes past me. I look over at the kitchen and find Harry hard at work, making whatever it is he's making. He's in his boxers and dancing to music coming from his phone. I giggle at his cuteness and take another sip before sliding into a stool by the counter. I rest my chin on my palm and watch him for a moment, enjoying the fact that he doesn't know I'm here yet.

"Are you a morning person?" I ask, still admiring him.

He turns around and smiles.

"Not usually, but this morning isn't like most mornings." He opens the fridge and pulls out a container of strawberries.

"How so?" I lift my eyebrow and take another sip.

Harry smirks and leans across the counter to kiss me.

"How did you sleep?" He asks, resting his arms on the table and watching me.

"Really well, actually." I smile. "Do you need any help?"

He shakes his head.

"You just relax while the master chef is at work." He turns around and I laugh. "Do you have any plans today, Miss Emma?"

It takes me a second for me to remember that today is the 4th of July. My realization is followed by a groan as I place my head in my hands.

"It's the 4th." I say.

"That doesn't mean much to me, I'm afraid." Harry says, amusement in his tone. He turns around and sets the sliced strawberries on two plates, followed by eggs, bacon and toast.

"My family has a big get-together every year." It's not that I mind going, I love my family, but I know it's going to be filled with nothing but conversations about the wedding and I really don't want to spend another day talking about how amazing Chloe's life is.

"That's a bad thing?" He places one of the plates in front of me. I don't realize how hungry I am until the amazing smell hits my nostrils. I immediately grab the butter and jelly to spread on my toast.

"Thank you, and yes. Well no, but yes." I chuckle.

"I'm sure your family is great." He says before taking a bite of his food.

I stop eating and look at him.

"You could always come with me."

He stops eating too and looks at me.

"You want me to meet your family?" He lifts his eyebrow and my eyes go wide.

"No...I mean, yes but...n--" My nerves get the best of me and Harry laughs. I sigh and take another sip of my coffee to hopefully calm down.

"I'm just saying..." I chuckle and swat his arm. "If you don't have any plans today, you can come with me and save me from another day spent talking about my sister." My voice sounds exhausted, not from the drinking or lack of sleep, but because I'm just so sick of living in her shadow. Harry's expression changes, almost as if he can hear my thoughts.

He leans over and kisses me, then smiles and takes a sip of his coffee.

"Of course I'll come with you."

__________________________________

Sorry it took so long to update! I've been going through a lot lately, but I'm going to try my very best to make weekly updates from now on. Thank you so, so much for all of your votes and comments :) you have no idea how much it means to me! xx