Chap. 1: The girl across the room

First Kainora story! 

Here you go~ :33

***

There was this event Every year that The Richest Family in the country had a Ball, This honoured the Father for the Man who ruled over peace long ago. The Ball meant Meeting people in peace through the beautiful peaceful Melody.

Each Year, Different Families get invited. There was one representative that was going. Some Have their first time, Some have their Second or third time at the Ball, Or move even. 

This Year, Kai's Family got Invited. He lived with Nice People who adopted him. It was an honor for his Foster parents,  Not Kai Though. He hated the fact that he had to look all pretty and dance. 

But he didnt want his parents to be disappointed, So he did it. 

"This is wonderful! Im going to get you the best suit!" Kai's Mother exclaimed, Kai simply smiled at his mother who was super excited. While his Father enjoyed how his Son was invited. 

They had a week to get ready. To Kai's Parents, It was a Bliss to look for suits for him. Not Kai, He was bored.

>>>

Jinora's Family Held the balls, and right about now, She was picking a dress to wear. Someone knocked on her bedroom door.

"It's open." Jinora spoke silently yet sternly. The door opened to reaveal a maid. 

"Lady Jinora, Do you need help in picking a Dress? we could make someone make a new dress for you?" The maid asked, Jinora shook her head in disapproval.

"that won't be neseccary, I'll be able to handle this." Jinora smiled, The maid bowed and Silently left her room.

Soon enough, Jinora picked out a Yellow Meduim length dress that had Curved patterns all around it. She paired it with red pairs of flats.

"Jinora! It's time for Lunch!" Ikki, Her little sister barged in her room.

"Alright, Alright. I'll be there." Jinora went outof her walk-in closet and ran down to the dinner area. She saw her family eating, so she ate with them.

>>>

"This is perfect!" Kai's mother exclaimed holding up a green and brown get up, The color might not mix well but it suit Kai very well. Kai's dad also agreed. "We're buying it."

"Woohoo" Kai said with no emotion at all.

>>>

Days went by fast, it was the day of the ball. It wasnt gonna start until 6 pm. But Jinora's Family was already getting ready. Since They're holding the ball for tonight. Every maid and butler moved and fixed the ballroom and the food for tonight.

Kai's Family was so happy that they couldnt help but fix everything for him. Instead of Kai doing his chores for the day, his parents told him to take a day off for today.They didnt want him to be worn out.

If Kai's Family was happy, Kai wasnt. He was nervous. He didnt know how to act, What if he messes up? He shook his head and shrugged the thought off.

>>>

Time passed by, and it was two hours before the ball. All of the families that were invited started getting ready, also the ones holding it.

Jinora changed into her dress, She looked beautiful. The maids gaped at her.

"Does it look good?" Jinora asked Nervously, The maids smiled.

"It looks perfect on you Lady Jinora."Jinora smiled as a thank you. Pema, her mother, Came in her room.