Thirty-nine ~ ♫♪♫

Naturally, the worst things that could have ever happened, had to happen.

Claire's school was having a Zumba Week. Why? Why?

And naturally, it had to be on the week that her ankle was seen to be healed completely. That was so not fair. Claire was definitely not a fan of zumba.

The worst part? When Claire walked into school on the first day of Zumba Week, the so-called 'popular girls' were playing One Direction on one of their laptops. They had connected it to the interactive whiteboard so the music could blast through the speakers, making it even louder.

Leanne put her own earphones in and listened to her own music at full blast just to drown it out, and Claudia yelled "Far out!" and escaped from the classroom. As for Claire, she had to put up with Cailyn singing Perfect by One Direction at the top of her voice. Cailyn and Anna had both come into Claire's class, having heard all the commotion, and they had stayed, since at that time when they came in Drag Me Down was playing, and they both loved the song, so they had sung it, just to annoy Leanne and Claire.

Maybe it would be best if she backtracked a bit. It had been three weeks, after all. Okay, so here was the story:

Ever since Caitlin came back to school telling everyone how amazing her weekend had been with Cailyn and Anna at the fete, they'd all somehow gotten closer to Yao, since Cailyn had added her into the group chat. Surprisingly, Yao got along with Joy pretty well.

Throughout the next week, Claire had to spend her time walking into lifts and getting out of them because she was still on her goddam crutches. Leanne refused to go with her into the lifts - she was claustrophobic. So Caitlin and Theresa took turns accompanying Claire. From that week, it had taken her another two weeks just to get her ankle back to normal.

During that time, a few things had occurred...and not all of them were 'good'.

1. Claire had forgotten to tell Joy about the fact that she had a sprained ankle, so when Leanne mentioned it on the group chat, Joy's reaction had been enormous. Why wouldn't it? She was a very close friend of Claire's. She yelled at Claire on their private chat for what seemed like hours when really it was just minutes.

WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME? I'M YOUR FRIEND, YOU KNOW? YOU WERE DEALING WITH A SPRAINED ANKLE EVEN WHEN I SAW YOU AND YOU DIDN'T TELL ME? WHAT THE HELL?!?!?

There were more messages, but Claire decided she'd rather not remember those, as Joy started swearing in all of them.

2. This was really weird. An alien must've landed on Planet Earth and tinkered with everyone's minds, because somehow, Julie - the girl they met when they were rollerblading that was a year younger than them - managed to convince Leanne and Cailyn (huge surprise there) to sing at the upcoming school Arts Festival with herself and her friend Erin.

Claire could still remember Caitlin clearly saying that she was 120% sure that both girls would not agree, but surprisingly, they did. Claire was really happy that they were getting confident enough to sing in front of crowds more, as they both had a wonderful vocal talent and they should share it, but it was also practice for their national singing competition, which was in the term holidays, Leanne told her.

Apparently at their singing lessons, there was no more time for mucking around. Yes, Leanne, Cailyn and the other girls - including that girl named Alexandria that Caitlin also knew - laughed and joked sometimes but most of the time they were working hard at projecting their voices in the best way possible.

Leanne had told Claire and Caitlin about how in one singing lesson they had to sing by themselves in front of the teacher and the other girls just for fun, and she had sung What Do You Mean by Justin Bieber. Cailyn had sung Half-Sugarism by S.H.E (Helina's favourite band), which had confused the rest of the class - except Leanne, of course.