"What's the matter? As soon as I mention Lucas' name, you get all tense and mad and your fa-"

She stopped talking mid sentence and her face changed from confusion to a knowing smirk.

"What, what happened?" I asked as her smirk grew.

"You're jealous of Lucas!" She exclaimed.

Fuck.

"W-What? No I'm not," I stumbled upon my words, making it more obvious that it was the truth.

"You're jealous of Lucas and I's relationship," she said, grinning.

"No I'm n- wait. Did you just say relationship?"

"Yeah. Lucas and I are dating."

"YOU'RE WHAT NOW," I yelled, and she just kept the same smile on her face.

"You've got it bad!"

"It's not my fault that I'm pissed off because your little boyfriend is a prick."

"He's not my boyfriend, Gabe."

Wait, what?

"But you said-"

"I know what I said. I only said it because I wanted to see how you would react."

"So you and Lucas aren't dating?" I asked, still kind of confused about this whole situation.

"No. Lucas and I are not, nor will we ever be, a couple."

"Oh thank god," I replied, letting out a sigh of relief.

"I never realized how much you liked me," she smirked, stepping closer to me.

"I already said I don't like you," I lied, and she laughed.

"So this doesn't affect you at all?" She asked, stepping closer to me and placing her hands on my chest.

"N-No," I gulped.

"You don't have even the slightest urge to kiss me right now?" She asked, leaning up so that our noses were touching.

"N-Not at all," I stuttered, looking away from her beautiful face so I wouldn't give in. But, of course, she grabbed my face and turned it toward hers so I was looking directly in her eyes.

"Ah, ah, ah," she whispered. "Don't be a cheater."

I tried to look away from her eyes, but I knew that she would just make me look at her again. She batted her eyelashes and made a pouty lip, and I couldn't take it anymore.

"Screw it," I muttered before leaning forward and crashing our lips together. I got a tingly feeling all over my body, but it quickly disappeared when she pulled away from me with a smirk on her face.

"I knew you liked me."

"Just because I kissed you does NOT mean I like you."

"Oh, but you do."

"I don't!"

"Why are you blushing then?"

"I'm not blushing."

"Yes you are. It's adorable."

"I don't want to be adorable!"

"Well then what do you want to be?"

"I want to be with you," I said, not thinking about the words until they had already slipped my mouth.

"I-I mean, uh, umm, I didn't mean to, uh, say that."