Stranger?

Annabelle POV

2 years later...

I feel like I've been running forever now. I never get tired of it though, ever since the Hunters killed my family. Now they were determined to get to me and kill me, just like the rest of my family. I won't let that happen though. I remember the day I got everything taken away from me like it was yesterday.

-Flashback-

"Honey, dinner is ready". My mom yelled from downstairs in the dining room.

" Coming". I yelled back from my bedroom. I went downstairs to eat and tripped on the stairs. I blushed and quickly got up before anyone saw me. I turned around to see my brother Ian laughing at me.

" You... should've seen... your face". He was laughing so hard, he had tears in his eyes.

" Hahaha, very funy Ian". I hit him playfully and walked away.

After dinner, I went to my room to finish my drawing. I was sketching my favorite tree, The Willow. I finished my drawing and hung it up on my wall. Suddenly, I heard a scream coming from outside. I ran out my room and went outside.

I screamed so loud, I couldn't even hear myself. There on the ground lays my mother being stabbed by a man. My brother was fighting with a female his age but she looked a little bit bigger. I ran back inside to call the police. I didn't even get to the door before someone pulled me back and threw me on the ground. I turned around to see a man with shoulder lenght hair. Although he wasnt old, his hair was white. He was coming towards me as I tried to get up from the ground. He pulled me by the hair and put his hand around my neck. I could feel him breathing on my face.

" So you're the precious girl that everybody wants eh?". He said ferociously.

" LET ME GO!" I yelled.

" Now why would I do that?" I turned around and kicked him where the sun doesn't shine. He screamed and crouched on the ground.

I looked around to see my mother and father laying in their own blood on the ground. I couldn't do anything about it now.

" ANNABELLE!" I rushed to see my brother lying on the gorund on the verge of death. I ran to him and crouched beside him.

" IAN! Please hold on...you're going to be fine". At least, I hope so.

"No, there's no time. Those people are hunters. They're here to kill all of us because you're special and they don't want to risk having anymore like you. You have to run Annabelle, run as fast as you can and don't look back. Its over for me now and you have to go." I blinked.

" I'm not leaving you, no way". I started sobbing loudly. "Please don't leave me Ian... please, I need you". My brother was dying and I couldn't do anything about it. I felt so helpless.

" Anna, please you have to leave now, there's no time. Whatever you do, do not stay in the city or anywhere that theres a lot of people, you might as well live in the forest and DO NOT trust anyone. Right now they're searching the house an they're about to come..." Two men came outside the house with weapons in their hands.

"There she is, get her". I looked up to see them running towards us.

" Annabelle GO NOW".

And so I did the only thing I was good at. I ran.

-End of Flashback-

Now, the only thing I know of is loneliness. I practically live in the forest now. I've gotten used to my surroundings for the 2 years I've been on the run. Not to mention the time I almost got eaten by a bear, literally.

Right now I'm trying to make a fire so I can cook the fish I caught this morning. I made a tent in the forest to sleep in. Although, I was always switching spots in the forest. I wouldn't stay in one spot for more than a day.

I started lighting the wood when I heard a shuffling in a bush nearby. I looked over and saw a light in the bushes. There was only one thing I could do. I took my bag and ran. I didn't know where I was running to or when I was going to stop. I just had one thinng in mind and that was to escape whoever that was watching me.

I heard footsteps behind me and I ran even harder. I looked back to see 5 people chasing me. I stopped abruptly. I could only slow them down so I could get away. I turned around to see that they also stopped running. They were all males.

" We know who you are girl". The oldest one said. " Why don't come with us and we can take you to our master, we promise we won't bite". He smirked wickedly.

'So he thinks this is funny huh? I'll show him something'. I ran to them and started kicking their asses. Not to be cocky or anything, but I'm pretty good at fighting. My brother taught me everything I knew. I guess he knew this would happen one day and he wanted to prepare me for this. Surprisingly, I managed to slow all of them down by hitting the weakest parts of their bodies. Ian taught me where and how to strike when it comes to the body. He showed me all the weak points and the strongest ones. Back then, I didn't see the point of learning it but now I see why he wanted me to know everything.

All of them were on the ground groaning in pain. I took my bag from the ground and ran. I ran for like it seemed hours. I stopped and noticed that I was running towards a mansion. I've never seen a mansion so big in my life. Unfortunately, curiosity got the best of me and I kept walking towards it. There was a gate that led to the front door. It was open so I just went in. The front door was also open. 'huh... That's odd. Why would they leave the door and the gate wide open?' I thought. I slowly went through the door and closed it behind me. The place was breathtaking. It looked like a palace. There were two stairways that met each other in the middle and the railing was decorated with beautiful flowers. I wonder who lives here? That person had to be incredibly rich to own such a place like this. I knew that it wasn't a good idea to just walk into someone's mansion and start to look around, but I couldn't help but feel like there was something here that I wanted and needed. I know that's kinda weird but that's what I feel right now. I went up the stairs to be exposed to a hallway. It was huge. There were doors on each side and I guessed it must be bedrooms. Strangely, it was quiet. Like dead silent. Maybe the person went away. Although I wonder why they would leave the gate wide..."

" And who might you be?" I turned around abruptly to see a man behind me. Wait, scratch that, he's no man. He's a god, surely.