"Oh my gawd! Oh my gawd! I can see it! Hurry!"

"Almost there. Stay close to me and hustle!" He instructed.

The truck slid to a halt and the man was pulling her out and shoving her gently in front of him. He seized her hand and led her around the house and peeled back the cellar door. She hurried inside and found a corner to huddle in. She watched the man secure the door and he turned around, his hat long gone.

"You alright, ma'am?" His eyes ran the length if her, looking for injuries. He moved closer to inspect her more.

"Thanks to you, we are just fine. Thank goodness you came along!" She said appreciatively.

"Sam, how do you do?" He held out his hand.

A muscular hand, well shaped and strong. A sexy hand-wait, what? Yup, she had officially lost her damn mind. Hiding in a storm shelter thinking about a strangers hand being sexy? She was certifiable for sure!

"Mia.." She managed to get out. Their hands met and her eyes flew up to meet his. She saw a light widening of his eyes confirming he too felt the spark.

"We will be ok, this cellar has been here for years and seen many a twister but never failed to protect us. You live around these parts?"

"Yeah, my brothers place is down the road a ways."

"Ah, Ben and Stella's place?"

Her breath caught hearing their names. She always did that now. Followed by the clogging of her throat.

"Yeah...Ben and Stella'a place..." She confirmed.

"I'm sorry to hear about them. My ranch sits next to theirs and I was out of the country when they passed. Damn shame for sure, they were good people."

"Thank you. Yes, they were good, honest people and I miss them very much." Her eyes couldn't meet his.

"I've been meaning to come over and introduce myself but I just got back into town yesterday."

"Not a moment too soon! You probably saved us from a cold grave as well!"

"Shhh, you hear that?" He looked up like he could see outside.

"No? It's silent? Guess we can get out then?"

"No ma'am that means the tornado is sitting right on top if us and its the eye of the storm. We have the back half to sit through."

"Oh!" About that time Carson started crying again probably from the change in air pressure around them. Mia bounced him and rocked him to no avail.

Sam moved closer and motioned for them all to sit on the floor. When she complied he threw his arm around both of them and peeked inside the blanket at the baby.

"Hey there guy. That's quite a pair of lungs son." Carson immediately stopped crying and peered back at Sam, scrutinizing the man as if to figure out all his secrets.

"Wow, that's amazing Sam! Do you have children? That's quite a talent! Remind me to get your number! I'll be calling you all hours of the night!"

"Ha! No, no children yet but I've got a herd of nieces and nephews and 7 siblings."

"Wow, thats a huge family. I'm scared Sam. How do you guys stand this weather!"

"It's almost over hun, this is just one small bad part of living here but there are many good things that make it worth the trouble."

"Like nice people? I've noticed how nice people are here! I recently had a flat tire and had 3 people immediately pull over to help. That's unheard of!"