Surviving (Demyx)

Alright guys I know I said that I was inspired and had a lot of things to write but school work just kept piling up. It's pretty bad right now but I have some time to write this somehow. Hope you guys enjoy it! This one is for you Apollo_rulez! Sorry it too so long to publish.

Warning: Contains cussing and gory parts that might be too disgusting/disturbing to read

Thoughts

Converstations

The air was heavy and the sky filled with hues of red and orange. The sun was setting and casted a long glance over the worn down relics. Storms of dust frequent the area and coat the place with layers of debris. What were once high buildings, now all broken and mostly fallen, with some wires hanging out the gaps. This was real and true, the world was attacked.

(Name)'s POV

Rummaging around the abandoned grocery store I found packages of food still edible in their sealed containers. Sausages and corn, but mostly meat!!! Its been a while almost since the fated day that I last had any meat to eat. Hurrying to stored the food I found, I stuffed them in my backpack and looked for anymore things to take. Nothing worth taking except for a pack of water which I stuffed in my bag and ran to the side of the room. In the stillness of the afternoon the threat was awfully small and any chance of attracting large crowds were slim. They were part of the reason I was out here right now risking my neck for supplies. Another reason was that it was too quite these past few days and the group decided to send a team to scout for reasons why.

Being as stealthy as possible I pressed myself against the wall and glanced out the window. The street was clear of any sign of anyone. My gut was churning and alarms were going off in my head but I pushed them aside and made a careful exit out. My hair was standing on ends and the rattling of my bag made my heart beat faster.

Quiet! Gotta keep quiet! I don't want to be caught! I

"Fuck," muttering under my breath. Running past the building across the grocery store I didn't hear the hoard of zombies lurking around the corner. My legs felt numb and they were slowing down in fear.

Don't slow down! If you stop you'll die! RUN! IDIOT RUN!!! Move don't let them catch you!

My mind going into overdrive and I hightailed it down the street seeking a refuge to hide until the zombies pass me. A few blocks away I spot a building mostly barricaded except for the door and top windows. Unwilling to hesitate any longer I literally ran for my life and slammed the door shut. Unable to stop I pushed whatever was close to the door, fully blocking it. My heart thumping in my ears I frantically looked around securing the area and hoping to make it out alive. A metal table with some kitchen tools the room empty with scattered items on the ground.

Whelp good job (Name) you have successfully infiltrated a kitchen with no knives. Time to look around for anything useful.

Looking through the draws, nothing much left except for some straws and rubber bands were left.

CLANG!!!

Turning around I found myself cornered by a group of zombies staring me down hungrily.

"DON'T MOVE I HAVE THIS AND I'M NOT AFRAID TO USE IT! YOU WANT ME COME AND GET SOME BITCHES!!!"

Waving my hand frantically in a pathetic attempt to scare them I had grabbed something in the next draw.

"Pfft hahahahahahaha stupid girl hahahahahaha you want to fight us with a spoon! Whatcha gonna do girly scoop my eyeballs out so I can't see!"

"Ma maybe," shaken and scared the idea of gorging their eyeballs out seemed pretty good, "it's not a bad idea to try."

"Stupid girl, here I'll even help you out," the wrinkly old looking zombie went right ahead and took out his left eye.