The Girl Next Door: Chapter 4

*Caution there’s a little bit of swearing*

Chapter 4

Ethan’s POV

We went upstairs to change; I changed into a black shirt, some pants, and black sneakers and went downstairs. “Where are they?”I asked Benny, he said “they’re probably outside” I said “well, yeah but how did they get out without the alarm going off?” he said “I don’t know. Maybe I can find a teleporting spell” I said “yeah, you do that” a phone was ringing it wasn’t mine, I said “dude, pickup”.

He picked up and said “hello?” he nodded and said “we’ll be there in a sec” I asked “who was it?” he said “Rose” I nodded, I felt jealousy creeping over me, what the hell am I talking about? They’re cousins there’s nothing wrong with that. Who am I kidding? I do wish she had called me instead of him. Well, she doesn’t have my number that’s probably why she didn’t call me.

I asked “so where are they?” he said “in their room” we went upstairs and into their room. I saw Rose in the window halfway out, I said “are you nuts?” a little too loud, as if I was raving mad at her, but I wasn’t I was actually worried about her. She had watery eyes for a moment and the next second she didn’t.

“I don’t know if you noticed but there’s a rope made of blankets hanging down the window” she spat venomously, I really did hurt her I have to apologize, I sighed and was about to speak but, she said “save that for later, I just want to go out and have a good time” she’s right it’s not time for fighting and or apologizing, I said “let’s go”. She was already down the window, I sighed and said “I should go next” and climbed out the window.

Once we were all outside Rose finally spoke but clearly not to me, she said “so, how are we gonna go? together or in pairs?” Crystal said “I think we should go in pairs. You know, me and Benny, and you and Ethan” Rose sighed and said “fine, but don’t get your hopes up” what does she mean ‘don’t get your hopes up’? Did she meant it like ‘don’t get your hopes up that I will accept his apology’ or as in ‘don’t get your hopes up that I will kiss him’ I think it was the second  one ‘cause they (Benny and Crystal) interrupted us earlier.

Okay, so Crystal and Benny went to the park near the school and Rose and I to the one behind Benny’s house ‘cause it’s next to the woods and they said something about ‘Alpha exploring new grounds’ or something like that.

“So are you gonna morph, change, or whatever you werewolves call it?” I asked Rose, she said “sure” first I just saw her standing there really concentrated and then all of a sudden there’s a huge with wolf with bright blue eyes and a pink rose drawn on it’s side. “I – I –uh – um” I managed to stammer out (A/N not so sure of what I just wrote.), Rose said “done staring?” and she gave me a wolf-ish grin “I wasn’t staring” I protested, and she said “you’re right, you weren’t, you were more like gawking”.

I rolled my eyes and said “so are we gonna run, walk, stay here awhile?” she said “either way is fine” I said “okay, let me tell you something and then we can go for a walk” she nodded and sat on a bench, and I did too.

“Look I just wanted to apologize for what I said earlier” I told her, she said “it’s not what you said, it’s how you said it” I said “I know and I’m really sorry. I was just worried not angry” she said “didn’t sound like it” I said “but it’s true” she said “okay, fine I believe you” I was grinning until she said “but, that doesn’t mean I accepted your apology” and sprinted off into the forest.

I need to find her, I can’t just return home and tell the others she took off running and I did came back like nothing, no there is no way I can do that.