Chapter 16 - Don't Take My Sunshine Away

Start from the beginning

"You'll never know dear, how much I love you" I sing, my voice cracking as his grip on my hand slowly weakens.

"Please don't take my sunshine away" I sing, my voice hoarse and cracking in the worst places. My throat has a giant lump in it and hot tears are streaming down my face.

I take in a sharp breathe and smile weakly at him, noticing how pale he's grown in the space of a few seconds. The pale, vampire-like tone of his skin makes the bright red burns and grey-black bruises all over his body stand out. I don't think the dirt sinking into his burns and cuts is helping his cause.

"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine" I sing a bit louder over the noise of the fighting. I smile at the sight of my little angels attempt to comfort me as he weakly sings along.

"You make me happy, when skies are grey" he sings as I try join in. My throat hurts when I try to speak. It feels as if all my words have joined together in my neck and created a tiny ball that was stuck in my throat. It hurts, but I ignore it because I don't want to see my angel unhappy.

"You'll never know dear, how much I love you" I sing with him this time, although his breathes are short so his voice shakes. I notice how quickly the life is rushing out of him, and only then does it sink in that I'm about to loose the one I need most.

He takes a sharp breathe in and I wait patiently for him to let a breathe out, but it doesn't come. I grab onto his wrist frantically, placing my finger on it and checking his pulse. Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

"No! Oscar no!" I scream over the fighting, making everyone turn around and gasp at the sight in front of them. A teenage, bad-ass girl, crying, kicking and screaming while holding onto the dead body of a small, innocent boy who's body is destroyed in burns.

I sob heavily, hanging my head over his body and pulling him closer. I place a small kiss to his forehead in hopes he'll magically wake up. Like when I'd kiss him on the cheek while he pretends to sleep and he'd blow his cover by smiling and kissing my cheek as well.

When I realise the same tactic won't apply for my current situation, I simply pull him closer to me and cry.

I will kill whoever did this,

I think to myself, slowly realising I could've killed the woman ages ago. I push myself up, leaving my little angel lying limp on the ground and stagger groggily over to 'Regina'. Or should I say, 'Evil Queen'. Wait, how did I know that?

"You" I growl, stomping closer to her and staring intensely at her. You can tell she's afraid, she's just hiding it with a cheeky smirk.

"Yes, what about me?" she chuckles, a smirk still playing at her lips.

"Don't play smart with me girly. You may be Queen back home, but there's a new Queen here on Neverland. I choose who enters and who leaves. I choose who kills or gets killed. I decide upon the fate of families. I crush hearts both physically and mentally. I can kill that boy back at camp if you really wanted me to? See how you feel?"

My words don't seem to faze her till I bring up the boy back at camp, making her ounce at me, though I stand my ground. She seems surprised, but she keeps a firm grip on my collar and speaks harshly.

"If you dare go near him, I will have one of my dear wolf friends bite out your vocal chords and I will proceed to feed them to thousands of starving children"  she growls, her voice venomous and her eyes like snakes. She truly was an evil being.