Chapter 2

Tavros and Karkat were never particularly close. They weren't really considered friends, but somewhere along the line, they grew close. During their session, they talked more often than they did beforehand. They fought together, FLARPed together, watched movies together. They became one of the closest trolls around. No one knew how or why it happened, but it happened.

Then, when their session ended, and the twelve trolls were on the meteor, they were near inseparable. Karkat would invite Tavros to LOPAH, Land of Pulse and Haze, to show off his Knight of Blood powers, or Tavros would invite Karkat to LOSAZ, Land of Sand and Zephyr, to play fiduspawn with him, even though Karkat didn't enjoy it as much as Tavros did.

Of course everyone noticed this budding friendship, and they teased the hell out of the two about it. Kanaya would ask Karkat about his "matesprit", making Karkat blush and stutter out a string of curse words her way and she would merely giggle quietly at Karkat's sudden flustered state. Feferi would happily ask Tavros how his newfound red-relationship with Karkat was going and and Tavros would mumble out how they weren't matesprits whilst Feferi giggled and helped Tavros gelled back his curly hair. It was funny really, everyone knew that the two would eventually fall in some quadrant, either pale or red, but the two trolls of subject were far too oblivious.

Then, one extra special movie night, something changed. Whether it was just the heat of the moment or it was previous feelings that were bottled up and now spilling out, whatever the case was it changed everything between them. It changed for the better. The two were watching one of Tavros' Disney movies. One that actually interested Karkat. It was titled, "The Little Sea Dweller". It was mainly about a violet blooded seadweller (duh) who fell in love with a yellow blooded land dweller. The land dweller was mistaken for dead and taken underwater to help feed the empress' lusus but the violet blood saw and freed the yellow blood before he could die. The land dweller instantly fell in love and then the sea dweller went to extreme lengths to hide his gills and find so he could spend time with his love. In the end, he found out (after an evil third party stepped In and was defeated) and the two lived happily ever after.

Even though this movie interested Karkat, he wasn't really paying attention. No, his attention was more toward the bronze blood sitting next to him. His attention was steered toward how the bronze blood's eyes were fixated on the screen. How his mouth would curve into a smile when his favourite scenes would show. How he let out a little gasp when the villain would pop up. How he would tighten the grip on the pillow he held on his lap when the "final battle" scene happened. Karkat couldn't tear his eyes away from the troll sitting next to him, and eventually Tavros noticed.

"Uh...Karkat?" Tavros asked, glancing over at Karkat who was staring at him. Karkat instantly snapped out of it, blinking and blushing furiously. Tavros just giggled, oblivious as to why Karkat was staring. "Is the movie not uh....as interesting as your romantic comedy films?" Tavros asked, his attention drifting between the trolls on the screen and the troll next to him.

"No, it's just that there's something more interesting than the movie at the moment." Karkat stated, praying to every horror terror out there that he wouldn't mess this up. The bronze blood whirled a brow, genuinely curious to what sparked the attention of the troll who's life practically depended on movies.

The mutant blood scooted a fraction of an inch closer to his flush crush and attempted to stutter out a plausible answer but ultimately failed. Karkat may have deemed himself to be the king of romance, but in reality, he was just as bad as the others when it came to this stuff. Tavros was confused, of course. It wash every day you saw a normally shouty and angry troll stuttering and blushing like mad. Tavros was now curious, and slightly scared. He was worried Karkat would pass out or was sick or some horrible thing. His horrible suspicions were put to rest though when Karkat quickly lunged forward and kissed the Taurus troll.

The kiss wasn't perfect, it wasn't rehearsed like in the movies. They bumped their noses and teeth together, Tavros' sharp teeth grazed Karkat's lip and there was an abundance of saliva. This was an awkward first kiss, but it was still perfect for them. It was perfect because it wasn't rehearsed, it was perfect because they were nervous and didn't know how to properly kiss, it was perfect because their mouths fit together perfectly. Karkat was the first to pull away, slowly to make the kiss last as long as possible. Karkat was red in the face, Tavros had a light brown blush dusting his cheeks, but they both wore goofy grins.

"You're uh... A little red there...Karkat." Tavros commented, his grin widening a bit. He thought it was cute how the master of romance was so flustered over a simple little troll with self-esteem issues. Karkat just shrugged, already having the perfect, and most romantic, comeback to that.

"Yeah well...now I can show how red for you I really am." Karkat stated nonchalantly. Tavros' chocolate brown eyes widened slightly and his brown blush spread. Karkat smirked, knowing his well constructed comeback had worked, he was prepared for a string of stuttering words or "awww"s but he wasn't prepared for Tavros to lean in, smashing their lips together in another kiss. Karkat wasn't complaining though, he gladly wrapped his arms around the brown blood and kissed him back.

From then on, the two low blooded trolls were never separated. They seemed to have their hands glued together because their hands never let each other go. They spent their time watching films, FLARPing, reading or just enjoying time with one another. They were official, and everybody knew so. A soft groan of "finally!" Rang from them when the announcement was made. Karkat was just about ready to give them a piece of his thinkpan when Tavros peppered his cheek with kisses, successfully distracting the hot-tempered red blood. From that one action, it was quite obvious that Karkat would constantly be putty in Tavros' soft hands.

It was like nothing else mattered to them, they were in their own little world. No other troll had seen Karkat happier, his frown was still present though not as much as before. Tavros' shyness seemed to melt away when he was near Karkat, it was like the hot-tempered troll gave him a certain amount of self confidence. The two seemed to balance each other out, they were just so ... perfect with each other, and no one could even understand how they managed this. How a mutant blooded troll with a tendency to scream at everything and a bronze-blood with a habit to shy away from his problems could come together to create such a perfect matespritship. Infact, they were so perfect together that Karkat agreed to wear a dress for his matesprit. Not just any dress though, a white fairy dress.

Yes, Karkat agreed to be the fairy in this week's FLARPing session, and Tavros was Pupa Pan. The Taurus troll had planned ahead, already having asked Kanaya to make the dress and sew Karkat's cancer symbol in bright red string on the chest. Karkat rolled his eyes and dropped his clothes, leaving his crab print boxers, and slid the white dress on. It was comfortable, he had to admit, though it was a bit short. Karkat huffed and crossed his arms as his matesprit ogled him. It truly was a sight to see. Tavros' brown blush re-appeared and he strode over to the cancer troll and nuzzled him, complimenting him so he didn't feel as embarrassed. Karkat liked this attention but he kept his cold front up, though it eventually fell and he smiled.

"Yeah, whatever loverboy. I'll go get some shit off of LOPAH and i'll meet you back in your respite block in half an hour, deal?" Karkat asked, smoothing out the dress.

"It's a deal, bullcrab." Tavros murmured, pressing another kiss to Karkat's warm cheek. The cancer troll rolled his eyes at the nickname he always belittled though he loved it and Tavros knew. The two shared another kiss before Karkat pried himself away and walked off to the computer lab to the transportalizer. He hoped no one would see him, and gladly no one did. He hopped on the transportalizer and disappeared to the planet of pulse and haze, his mouth still stretched up in a smile over the most recent kiss shared between himself and his bronze-blooded love.