"Boy." I said mushing his head.

"I'm only getting a little then tomorrow we can come back with your daddy and make him carry everything and push the cart."

"Okay, can I get some cookies?" He asks as we walk down the snack aisle.

"Yeah, go ahead." I said grabbing my own snack.

"Auntie Lex!" I heard Zain shout then I see him running off.

I sighed following him.

When I got to the end of the aisle he was hugging her.

It's been a couple months since I last seen or talked to Lex.

"When you coming over Auntie? I miss you." Zain asks her.

"I missed you more toot." She said tickling him making him laugh.

I noticed her stomach and my eyes got big then went back small playing it off.

"Yeah I'm pregnant." She said to me.

I nodded, "Congrats."

"Yeah single mom world here I come."

I brung my eyebrows together confused.

"What happened to your oh so great boyfriend you choose over your friend?" I ask.

"Don't do that Tara. Okay, I realize and know I messed up."

"You did." I said. "Don't wanna talk about this in front of Zain tho so another time."

She nodded, "Yeah another time."

"Say bye, then go get your cookies so we can go Zain." I said to him.

*

"Is ya seatbelt on?" I ask Zain as I placed the bags on the floor in the back.

Once he told me it was I shut the door then getting in the driver's seat and starting the car.

I grabbed my phone from my bag as it rang.

"Hey." I said to Nya putting her on speaker.

"Where are you?"

"In the car about to drive home. Why, what's up?" I said putting my car in reverse.

"Okay, well come to the hospital."

I paused putting the car back in park and picking the phone up so I could take it off speaker and put it to my ear.

"Why?" I ask.

"Just-just come and focus on getting here safely. I'll tell you then."

"Why? Tell me now. Where's Dez?"

"Tara please, just listen to me. For the safety of you, Zain, and your baby girl I will tell you when you get here." Nya said.

I nodded even tho she couldn't see me. I was freaking the hell out inside, but I was trying to fully take in what she was saying.

*

Once I got to the hospital Nya met me at the door and just by the look on her face I knew this wasn't good.

Zain went over to where Micah and Shea sat and I followed Nya, who still hasn't said anything.

I was looking around, I seen Rock, Kelsie, Ms. Shannon, my mom, but I didn't see Shaun or Dez.

"Where are Shaun and Dez?" I ask.

"Tara, Dez-"

"Dez what? Where the fuck is Dez?" I snap tried of waiting for information.

"Dez is in surgery, he was stabbed-"

"No..." My eyes watered saying Shaun walk in with blood all over him.

"Is that, That's Dez's- that's.." I said as my eyes blurred even more right before I threw up everywhere.

"Ugh, damn I forgot to fuckin change first." Shaun said.

"Mommy!" Zain screamed running over to us.

"Sis. Shit, yo take Zain out." Shaun said to Rock.

"No I want my mommy! Where's my dad!?" Zain yelled as Rock carried him out the room.

"You gotta calm down Tara." Shaun said after getting me to a seat.

"I can't. Move, I have to go get my son."

"No, you need to at least try to calm down. He sees you panicking he's gonna continue to panic."

"How bad is it?" I ask in a whisper.

He sighed, "He's in surgery. Got stabbed in the stomach. Was losing a lot of blood and I gave blood for a transfusion, we'll know more once the doctor comes out."

I nodded.

"I need to go grab another shirt from my car. I'll be right back." Shaun said standing up.

"Who did it?" I ask stopping him I already had a feeling, but I didn't wanna believe that it would go this far.

"Who else?" He asks. "He up in here too."

"What do you mean?" I stop him again to ask.

"Let's just say he tried to stab me next, but the knife went in him instead." He said before walking away.

*

"The police are here looking for a Shaun Clark." I nurse said coming into the hospital room.

We were waiting in the room for them to bring Dez from recovery. The doctor informed us that he believes Dez should be fine since he got here quick enough, no main organ was hit, he got a transfusion from his brother, and the piece of the blade that broke off inside was removed. They gave him something to make him sleep for a while longer and they will be keeping him for awhile to be watched over.

Shaun nodded signaling he was coming before she left.

"Why the hell are they looking for you?" I ask standing up.

"I didn't stay and wait for the cops or an ambulance. I was more focused on getting Dez to the hospital. I knew they'd be coming with their bullshit my way."

"They're gonna think you fled the scene, arrest, and try to charge you." I said.

"I know, but that's what a lawyer is for and bail money. Don't worry lil sis I'ma be coo, Dez is gonna be coo, y'all, all of us."

I nodded wiping my tears.

I stood in disbelief of everything, even these contractions that were now five minutes apart.

.....

*********

I'm probably gonna wrap this book up in the next couple chapters.