Chapter 20

My mind was still a bit foggy and I couldn't remember everything, just the recent things. Lloyd said the rest of my memory would return over time, I just had to be patient. But I wasn't good with patience, I drank as much blood as I could but everything still seemed the same. The last thing I could remember about my life was when I arrived here, running from the First Borns. Anything before that was a complete blank. It was annoying but I had to deal with it.

Lloyd was taking me on a hunting trip. The wolves had gone, we had won. Nothing could be better.

I walked through the trees, leaves scattering around me and birds singing as if they were welcoming me to my new life. It was perfect, the atmosphere around me gave me the feeling today was only going to get better. I was meeting Lloyd, but I was early. So I stood and waited for about five minutes.

"Someone's early." Lloyd smiled at me.

"It's better than being late." I smiled back.

"So, let's get started. You know a lot about hunting vampires, whether you remember any of it. I don't know. Let's see how you are with animals." He teased.

"Okay."

He lead me deeper into the woods where he spotted a deer.

"The trick is you have to be as quiet as possible. And because you're a vampire, that should be easy. You don't even have to breath any more." He explained. "Now go for it."

He gave me a little nudge forward and I walked forward slowly, keeping my eyes on the prize. I closed my eyes and thought straight. As soon as I opened them the deer was running in the other direction.

"What's it running from?" I whispered.

"Who cares, go after it!" Lloyd whispered back. I nodded and followed it before I lost it completely. I quietly vamp sped up behind it, not taking my eyes away.

A rock came flying out of no where, scaring the deer off.

"What the hell!" I yelled at the direction of the rock.

"That's what I would like to know." A tanned, dark eyed, dark haired man walked up to me. He examined me as if I were his little experiment. He walked right up to me, face to face.

"Now, let's take some time to think, shall we? You were bitten by my good friend, Rhys. May he rest in peace." He continued.

"He's dead?" I questioned, shocked.

"Well of course, in fact your boyfriend did the deed. But, what I can't put my finger on is the fact you were going at vampire speed and by the looks of it you were aiming for that deers blood. So how are you a vampire? And what happened to the werewolf venom that was taking over you, turning you into one of us?"

I gulped, he was right. What happened to the werewolf venom? I backed away from him slowly until we were about three metres a part. Something was telling me that my so called perfect day was about to get very ugly.