Chapter 4

Baelen's P.O.V

I was bored. No Lloyd, No Leila, No Scott... I was sitting on the leather sofa in the lounge with my head leaning on my hands. Bored, bored, bored. Would it be like this everyday they were at College? I was in desperate need of some friends. It was around 12 o'clock on a sunny day, and I was stuck indoors. Really? I Iooked outside and saw the postman delivering letters, maybe I could make friends with him... The doorbell rang and I decided that I would socialize with him. I opened the door to collect my letters to find a First Born at my door.

"Joseph. What an unwelcoming surprise." I said leaning against the door frame.

"May I come in?" He asked, his greeny blue eyes sparkling. I looked at him, looked behind me into my house, and then back at him and answered with a simple but affective:

"No." And closed the door, but failing as he stuck out his arm stopping me from closing the door. His strength was no match for mine. Now that was not at all fair.  I opened the door again as he pushed past me and walked inside. I rolled my eyes and closed the door behind me.

"What did you want then. Considering you rudely walked into my house. Uninvited." I ask, trying to make him feel guilty with the little reason I had.

"My family and I have decided to stay a while. We have purchased the house that got burnt down, and rebuilding now as we speak. Only bigger, much like your house might I add."

"And...?"

"And I was wondering if while we are waiting for our house to finish being built, we could stay with you?"

My eyes widened and I couldn't help but laugh.

"No way on Earth mate. Did you forget the girl whose life you spitefully ruined now lives here with us? You know, after you slaughtered her family in front of her." 

"Well since she lives with you, she wouldn't mind us staying in her old house would she?"

"Yes the old house that a group of weirdos moved into last week."

"Weirdos? Define that please."

"Lloyd has school with one of them. They don't like being separated, much like your bunch of freaks. But these guys are a lot weirder, they stare at you. Like a lot."

"Well I'm sorry that you feel uncomfortable having your new neighbours stare at you. I'll just pop round there and compel them to have me and my family stay for a little bit."

And with that, Joseph got up and walked out. I decided right there and then that that was the most random est conversation I'd had in my entire life.

Joseph's P.O.V

I quickly walked down the street a few houses down a knocked on the door of Leila Taylor's old home. A tanned woman with Dark hair and creepy eyes opened the door. She seemed very unwelcoming, like Baelen was. 

"Yes?"  She said, expressionlessly.

"Hello I would like to stay in your home for about a week maximum." I replied, staring deep into her eyes trying to get a connection to compel her. But I couldn't find one.

"No. Why can't you stay in the hotel a few streets away?" She asked puzzled.

I think I won though, I was very much puzzled at why I couldn't compel this annoying woman. It was true, I could stay in a hotel but I didn't like the tacky feeling that came with it. I tried to find a connection again but failed miserably as she slammed the door in my face. I started to think how weird I must have looked, staring at her without blinking. Oops.

I shrugged and walked off, still confused as to why I couldn't compel her.