Chapter 42

Chapter 42

Jacques Bistro Du Parc (Toronto, Canada)

“JL! Thanks for the treat!” Anne said.

“Oo nga bro! Thank you for the treat.

“No problem! It’s been a long time since the last time that I did this.” JL said.

“Bro! English speaking ka na talaga!” Sam said.

“Syempre naman. Ikaw ba naman dito mag college diba? Si Anne ba? Magaling na magtagalog?” JL said.

“Ganun pa rin. Katulad ko.” Sam said.

“Ikaw na ba ang bagong Otan or bagong Josh?” JL said.

“Oh please JL! Stop it! Drop that topic! Sam is not a replacement so hindi ko pwedeng sabihin na siya ang bagong Josh or even bagong Otan.” Anne said.

“Ok sorry. Pero BBF pa din kayo ni Josh? Wala na kong balita sa dalawang yun.” JL said.

“Hindi na masyado. Pero wow, wala na kayong balita sa isa’t isa pero nagsunuran kayo kay Otan.” Anne said.

“Anne. Control your temper.” Sam whispered to Anne.

*Moment of Silence

“I still can’t believe it. The 2 brightest stars in the Philippines were both here in front of me. And they’re having lunch with me. John Lloyd you’re the best! I love you hon!” Angelica said.

“Excuse me? What did you say?” Anne said.

“I’m really a big fan of you and also Sam. I used to watch your concerts, teleseryes, movies, tv guestings and many more. And from the very start that Sam entered the showbiz, I already knew that you both a going to be a loveteam.” Angelica said.

“Oh really huh? Well thank you for your support. But you also said a while ago that you’re thanking JL? Why are you thanking him?” Anne said.

“Well it’s because of him. You 3 we’re high school friends and that’s the reason why I got a chance to have lunch with both of you.” Angelica said.

“Oo nga naman.” Sam said.

“Ahm guys, excuse me for a while. I just need to go to the powder room.” Anne said.

“Sure Anne!” Sam said.

Umalis na si Anne.

“Bro! Hon! Ako din. I’ll just go to the men’s room.” JL said.

“Sure Hon!” Angelica said.

Umalis na si JL.

“So Angelica, how long you’ve been together?” Sam said.

“3 months and 4 days.” Angelica said.

“Oh I see. You look good together. Lovely couple. And grabe ang galing mo kasi tumagal kayo ni John Lloyd ng 3 months. Your lucky na nyan. Don’t you know it?” Sam said.

“Oh really? Mukhang wala pa nga akong masyadong alam sa kanya.” Angelica said.

“Well Angelica, to be honest, way-way back from high school, JL is known by being a Casanova.” Sam said.

“Oh? But when we we’re in college, he never had a girlfriend.” Angelica said.

“Well it’s because, may isang babae ang nakapagpatino sa kanya.” Sam said.

“What do you mean?” Angelica said.

“About that, I’m not the right person to tell you about it. You should ask JL for that.” Sam said.