Chapter 1

Hello hello! This is the first chapter and I'm just here to warn you guys that this story might progress a bit slow so bear with it please >w<) My english may not be perfect so do forgive me for bad grammaring (;A;) Now, without further ado, please continue!

----

"I like you, please go out with me!"

A pink bubblegum haired girl can be seen being confessed to a guy in front of the cafeteria. Her light blue gem eyes blinked at the guy in front of her who is extending his hand, hoping the girl will accept his offer.

Students around them start whispering to each other, not wanting to miss this situation. Others praised the guy for being brave enough to ask her out in public.

Minako Akemi sighed. This is the 4th time someone confessed to her ever since she became a 3rd year student in Kunugigaoka. She doesn't even know who he is, and yet he is hoping she would date him. Clutching her lunch, she gave him a small smile.

"I'm sorry but I don't even know you. I can't possibly date someone random," She said politely.

The guy who confessed retracts his hand and look at her dejectedly, but his eyes still show determination. He straightens his back and gathers his confidence once more, not giving up.

"T-then I'd like to be your friend! M-my name is-"

Before he could finish, Akemi stopped him, not wanting to hear the rest of his sentence. Every other guy that asked her out before has repeated the same pattern this guy is doing.

"I'm sorry again but I am rejecting you. You should have asked me out after we become friends." She said without hesitation.

Akemi swiftly turned and walk away, she was glad that she already bought her lunch before this happened but she has lost her appetites.

"Why does this always happen to me..." She complained.

It has been two years since she moved to Japan but she still couldn't get used to this school. She was expecting the students to be chattier and fun, not those nerds with thick-rimmed glasses.

She is getting bored of studying here but she had promised that she would at least stay until she graduates from junior high school. She had almost prayed everyday, wishing that her dull boring life will get an excitement.

----

The next day, Akemi came to school to find out that people are gossiping about yesterday's confession, how she had rejected another guy. This is a normal reoccurrence to her that she is not bothered by it anymore. Gossip will soon died out when they have become old news.

She keeps walking, going past people that are trying to sneak a look at her. She slid open her classroom door and when she stepped in, an arm snake around her shoulder.

"Good morning, Akemi-chan! I heard you turned down another guy, isn't that amazing how popular you are?"

Akemi's eyes twitch in annoyance, she had a feeling that today will not end up a good day for her. She slapped the hand away and glared at the perpetrator. The brown haired guy with almond-shaped eyes just smirked flirtatiously at Akemi.

"Get your hand off me, Sakakibara-san. Don't do it again." She huffed, walking towards her seat, which is at further back, beside the window. She put down her bag and plopped down her seat, staring outside, wishing that they would just leave her quietly. But not every wish comes true because Sakakibara Ren is now beside her desk.

"Aww, come on Akemi-chan. I know I'm better than them, so why don't you choose me now?" He flashed his charming smile but it doesn't work on her. Ignoring him, Akemi shook her head, signaling that she doesn't want to talk to him anymore.