The Way

After Alexandria, Rick, Carl, Judith, and Michonne have no place to call home. The Wolves tore everyone apart, killing several of their very own members. It was like the prison all over again. All of them look emotionally drained, having dark thoughts lingering about, but choose to keep it inside. Sitting on a dark stump, lies Rick. He's steaming with anger at the thought of all of his "family" being scattered, and some even dead. Michonne keeps her and the kids at a distance until his blood thirst lowers. The sun is going down, lighting the fire of the gathered sticks Carl found, they have something warm to last til morning. Sleeping in close quarters, Michonne notices Rick walking around through the woods holding his head in his hands. She gets up calmly and walks slowly towards him. He says in a weak voice, "I'm so sorry. I tried so hard and I failed.." She wraps her arms around him and applies her chin on his shoulder. He begins letting out all the sadness he has had built up for so long. She whispers into his ear, "You're a good man, Rick. We need you, we're counting on you. Rest up and I'll help the kids tomorrow. You get some sleep." He turns around and just looks into her eyes. Her smile radiates, allowing him to sneak a smile. He kisses her cheek, softly and affectionately. He walks back to where he once laid, and falls back to sleep. Michonne decides to stay watch, wielding her sword. She carefully examines every length of it, vividly bringing up flashbacks of her life before the apocalypse. Suddenly, she hears a crack at the edge of the trail. She walks to the noise, right on the edge of the road lyes a walker with a W scratched into his head. She shakes her head in disgust. Rick wakes up slowly, rubbing his eyes and dusting off. He hears a faint scream in the distance and he screams while running to the noise "MICHONNE!?" On the side of the road lyes her sword and a car driving away in the distance. (Give me feedback from this short chapter story.)