Chapter 6

I climbed into the yellow lifeboat as a small man wobbled over to the small seat me and Jeremiah were sitting at. He had a large brown beard, and he was a bit plump. How could somebody be plump? Afterall, we were in the Unite- No we aren't. Right now, we just happened to be in Sweden. If it wasn't for Jeremy, we wouldn't be here right now. He looked at us with wide eyes as I attempted getting water out of my ear. He'd know I wasn't English if I spoke one word, so I kept my mouth sealed shut. For all we knew, he'd kill us. Then this whole thing would be over in a flash. We didn't want that. I looked around the yellow lifeboat with scared eyes, wondering what he'd do to us.  

“Välkommen ombord! Mitt namn är kapten Raster.” The man replied in a light cheerful, Swedish accent. Why was he being so happy with us? If I had strangers with the enemy's uniform on, I wouldn't be so dang happy.

“Scuse’ me?” I scuffed to him at once, knowing whatever he had said was nice, yet, he knew I didn’t understand what he was trying to get across. I think he then realized that I didn't know a bit of Swedish and I didn't plan on learning it either, even if they attempted to force us.

“He means welcome aboard. His name is Captain Raster.” Jeremiah said reluctantly, looking around the small lifeboat clueless about what was really happening. Maybe he knew this guy and we'd all be safe, but I doubted it. 

“You don’t speak any Swedish?” The captain let out in a poor English accent. He stared right at me, now with cold eyes. I don't think it hit him, about who I was, anyways. Maybe he did, maybe he didn't. I honestly didn't know if I was as famous over here as I was in Rivesville. I wonder how the United States was holding up, if anybody was even alive. Sweden would finish everybody off, anyways. Then all we had to do was plant the bombs, dig the bombs up from Sweden, make allies with Austrailia, and bam. All done, we would finally be finished. 

“N- No…” I muttered slowly, staring out at the ocean as we approached the large shining ship filled with cannons and whatnot. The ship held many crew members in the same yellow and grey uniform- The Swedish colors. Along the side of the gleaming starboard was the lettering that spelled “skimrande vårdslös.” I didn’t know what this meant, but I was sure to find out soon enough. The ship seemed to be made of pure oak, and was huge compared to a few others ships out in the sea. Sweden sure did have their act together, and I wasn't looking like a leader right now. My birthday was coming up and I would finally be 15.

“Come on, Piper.” Jeremy called to me as I snapped back into reality. The captain’s smile ran away from his face as he climbed the ladder that led to the upper-deck. Seriousness hushed over the crowd as everyone’s eyes stared at me. They looked nervous, but some of them walked way from the deck and into rooms. People huddeled together and I looked around, examining everyone. They seemed healthy and surely alive. 

“Is that really her? No, it can’t be..? It’s PIPER!” Whispered the crowd in quick voices that ran all the way up to my ears. They were terrible at whispering, because I heard every single word said about me. I didn't realize how well known I was here, either. What was the big deal about me, I hadn't hurt anyone... yet. 

“Hello everyone,” I said smiling one of my usual smiles. Except for the fact I was dressed in one of my own uniforms from our navy, everyone seemed to recognize me. My uniform had been washed at that boy's cabin, so it was clear who's uniform it was. It was stupid of me to not cover it up. Why hadn't I thought of that earlier?

“Come with me, Mrs.…” Captain Raster faded off immediately, hiding something from my face.

“It’s Piper.” I scoffed quietly, noticing all of the looks of every person on the ship. Their gasps faded quickly to the rolling waves in the seas as I followed the Captain into a small room filled with maps and other things. The large ship held many rooms and beds that the crew members occupied. The Captain pointed to a large country labeled “Sweden” Many circles were drawn across the map along with many arrows. This was a fairly good drawn map.