Chapter 2- Man Down

*Alex's POV*

A few minutes into our journey I saw The space walker who's name I found out was Finn, flirt with Octavia and put a little flower in her hair. " Now that is game " Jasper said nudging Monty behind me, " That, is Poison Sumac " Monty said pointing at the flower. Octavia must have heard us because she gasped and quickly took it out of her hair, I chuckled while Monty and Jasper laughed. " Don't worry, it's not actually calming " Monty said picking one of the petals and eating it, " Will you guys hurry up " Clarke snapped " Oh come on " Finn started " How can you just ignore this " He said waving his arms at all of the forest around us. " Simple I ask myself why are there no animals around " Clarke answered, " Someone should slip her some poison Sumac " Octavia said loud enough for everyone besides Clarke to hear. After walking a little bit further I was pulled down onto my knees, I looked at everyone else with a confused glance and Octavia pointed in front of us. I followed her gaze and I saw a real life deer " No animals huh " Finn said looking at Clarke, Finn started to get up but he stepped on a twig and it snapped. We all froze still staring at the deer when it turns it's head to us, the deer had a mutated head sticking off the side of it's face. We all shared the same looks of disgust and the deer ran off, with us continuing our journey to Mount Weather." I just got to ask, what you two get locked up for " Finn asked " Sumac wasn't the only herb in the garden if you know what I mean " Jasper said wiggling his eyebrows. " Still doesn't explain how you got caught " I said looking at the two from the corner of my eye " Someone forgot to replace what we took " Jasper said nodding towards Monty, " Someone apologized like a thousand times " Monty said putting his hands up in surrender. " Why'd you get locked up Octavia " Jasper asked with a shy smile on his face, Octavia sighed and looked at him from over her shoulder " Being born " she said and ran up ahead. " That is so not game " I heard Monty whisper to Jasper before they looked at me, " What about you Alex, what did you do " Jasper asked me, I looked at them dead in the eye and I saw every innocent person I ever killed flash before my eyes. I also sighed and looked away from them " It's better if you didn't know, you'll sleep better at night. Trust me " I said walking up next to Octavia, when I finally caught up with her we saw a creek. Before I could say anything Octavia was taking off her pants and her shirt until she was only in a tank top and her underwear, " Man I love earth " I heard Jasper say. I looked at him with a warning look and he visibly shrunk down a little, I heard a splash and when I turned back to Octavia I saw she was already in the water " Octavia, we can't swim " Monty said. She looked at us and smiled " Yeah but we can stand " She said standing, we were about to follow her in the water but me and Jasper saw a ripple in the water coming towards Octavia. When I saw it I grabbed the little bag from inside my jacket and opened it and pulled out a knife, when I put the bag back inside my jacket I started running towards the water. " Octavia get out of the water NOW! " Jasper said looking at her, Octavia just gave Jasper a confused look before she was pulled into the water. When she went under I ripped off my jacket and shirt then jumped into the water and onto the thing pulling her down with the knife still in my hand. I stabbed the eel like creature and it let Octavia go, I pushed her onto shore before it bit my side and dragged my under to. I kept stabbing it with my knife until it finally let go and swam away, when it let go I quickly swam towards the surface and took a big breath of air. After I finally had my breathing under control I swam back to the shore with my side and outer thigh hurting, when I got to the shore Finn pulled me onto land. Clarke immediately started checking my side and Octavia gave me a big hug " I almost lost you " Octavia said close to tears, I pulled out of the hug and gave her a kiss on the forehead. " I'm fine. It'll take more then that to keep me from protecting you " I said looking down at her with a gentle smile, she chuckled and wiped her eyes then walked back to Jasper. " You got lucky " Clarke said examining my side, " How " I asked wit a raised eyebrow. She looked up at me " Because if it bit down a little harder it would have punctured your intestine " She said " I'm sensing some other news though " I said still looking at her with a eyebrow raised. She nodded and looked at the wound again " It left a big tooth in your side but we can't risk pulling out here " She said, I looked down and noticed half of a pretty big tooth sticking out me side. " We should go back " Finn, my head snapped to his direction with wide eyes " There is no way I'm going back just because I'm hurt, I don't back down... ever " I said in a low tone. " Are you sure you can make the rest of the trip " Clarke asked " Hell yeah I can " I said looking her straight in the eyes, she nodded then wrapped my side and I put my shirt and jacket back on and we started walking again. After walking for about half an hour it got dark so we stopped to sleep, I sat down against a tree and Octavia immediately laid down curled into my side. I put my arms around her pulling her closer to me, after listening to her slow breathing I slowly fell asleep.