Prologue

Two years ago in New York

In the yard of a mansion, you can see a girl with unique pink haired color is playing Frisbee with a cute small dog. Throwing the Frisbee on her hand, the dog chased after it before jumping to catch the flying saucer.

Running back to the girl, the dog handed the saucer while barking happily. Laughing, the girl took it and was about to throw it again before she could hear someone called her.

"Akemi! Come here for a second, I need to talk to you!"

The said girl frowned, putting the toy down as she jogged back to her house.

Inside, the house is beautifully decorated with all the marble and lighting.

Heading towards the living room, the girl managed to brush her light pink hair to make sure she is presentable.

When she reached the room, a man in his late 40s is talking on his phone. His short chestnut hair is neatly gelled, although there is a hint of stubble that he hasn't shaved.

Beside the fireplace, a woman stood there, twirling her lock. Her hair is slightly darker than Akemi's and her amethyst eyes had a tint of amusement in it.

"What did you call me for, Mum?" Akemi went and sat on a chair across the man. Pouring down tea to a free cup, Akemi sipped it, smiling in delight when she tasted her favorite blend of tea, Pink Flamingo.

Taking a step towards her daughter, she showed Akemi a paper, stating that she will be enrolling in a different high school next year.

Squinting her eyes after seeing the not-so-familiar writing, Akemi gasped loudly.

"D-Did you just registered me a school in Japan?"

Hearing her daughter's complained, she smiled at her, "Yes, we did."

Fiddling with her cup, Akemi wasn't sure if this is a good idea or not. Even if she has Japanese blood within her, she wasn't born in Japan and the fact that she couldn't fully understand the language is another problem for her.

She can speak and understand it but Kanji is on another whole level. She had never thought that she would need to learn it since she has been living in English speaking country.

Noticing Akemi was unsure about this, her mum took her hand, "Don't worry, Akemi-chan! I had arranged a Japanese tutor for you! He'll come everyday after school!" She smiled brightly, flashing her white glossy teeth.

Akemi sighs, she knew her parents wouldn't change their mind once they had made a decision. Her parents are both stubborn, although her mum could be ten times more stubborn than her dad.

Cutting the call off, Austin Tindle put his phone down on the table. He took the cup he was drinking and pour tea in. Sipping it, he looks at the two female in front of him.

His daughter, Minako Akemi, who is in her first year of high school, has her hair tied on the side with a ribbon. On her side, Minako Yuko is now twirling her daughter's hair with her fingers. Her long hair falls elegantly on her shoulder.

Bewildered at their weird decision, Akemi crossed her arms, "So, why are we moving to Japan?" She bluntly asked.

Hearing her finally question this, Yuko clasped her hand happily, her eyes twinkling brightly, "You see, I really want you to attend this prestigious private school in Tokyo. It is one of the top schools and has a high rate of successful students." Yuko continues to blab about the school, not stopping.

Both Akemi and Austin knew that they wouldn't be able to stop Yuko once she starts explaining about the thing she's interested in. Looking at her dad now, she cocked her eyebrow, waiting for an explanation.

Austin put his cup down, before clearing his throat, "Well, I have to be away from home all the time because of my work and your mum is busy with her work too. We thought maybe it would be best for you to continue to study in Japan since the school is renowned too."

"We won't be moving there with you but we will keep in touch every week."

Smiling, the chestnut haired man put out three fingers.

"Not only that, hasn't it always been your dream to study in Japan, wear the cute uniform AND live alone?"

Akemi grinned, "Oh~ finally you grant this wish of mine, although it's a bit sudden." She said to her Dad teasingly.

Standing up, Akemi couldn't help but tugged her lips upwards. She can't wait to finally wear the school uniform for her new school. Running to her room, she immediately checked out her school for next year.

"This is going to be fun!"

————

Hi everyone! This is my first time writing fanfiction so I hope that you will at least enjoy it~ Please give me feedback about the story if you like it~! Thank you!