XVI

The bathroom door is closed and I knock, trying to see if Leah is okay. I hear her crying and she opens the door, her arms slinging around me quickly.

"Are you okay?" I rush, her arms tight.

"I'm okay. Thank God," she says, my arms letting her go.

"What was wrong?" I ask, trying to figure out what had happened.

"I was three weeks late and morning sickness was happening," she says, my eyes widening.

"But I just got my freaking period and I'm elated," she says, my stomach turning. It slightly scares me that she could have been pregnant.

"What would you do? You know, if you were pregnant?" I ask, her lips releasing a sigh.

"I don't know. Honestly, I have no idea what I would do. I've barely talked to Owen because I didn't want to worry him, saying I think I'm pregnant. I should really do something for him because I treated him like shit the past few weeks," she explains, affirming Owen's question.

"Will you go shopping with me? So I can find something?" she asks, my head nodding.

I grab my bag and jacket, walking out with Leah. We catch the bus to the mall and she makes small talk with me, her exhaustion clear with the light bags under eyes. It must have been horrifying to fear she might be pregnant.

"So how's Harry?" she asks, the two of us walking into the mall.

"Really good. He sprained his ankle the other night and refuses to let me go to school alone," I explain, her lips curving.

"You should have seen him. My God he was frantic. If he could've, he would have taken your place immediately," she says, my lips curving.

"I stayed with him Sunday night," I say, the night he sprained his ankle making my feelings deepen for him.

"How was it?" she asks, moving her fingers through the rack as I bite my lower lip. Everything that goes on between Harry and I is usually between us, but the actions Harry places on me make me happy to continue our relationship.

"We talked, Leah. And my God, I have never felt so good," I say, her smile bright.

"Was it like, sex talk, or talk about anything?" she asks, my cheeks flushing.

"Sex was brought up," I say, her lips parting and eyes widening.

"No," she smiles, slapping my thigh. I laugh and she wraps her arm around my shoulders.

"What was said?" she grins, happy I've found a guy I might actually want to go further with.

"I told him that when his ankle gets better..." I trail, her lips releasing a gasp.

"Emma," he cheers, my cheeks flushing.

"But," I exaggerate, her eyebrow now raised in curiosity. She's going to think we're being stupid for waiting, but Harry's words rendered me speechless that night.

"He told me we should wait because it's important to him that he makes everything special," I explain, her lips curving.

"And he focused on me closely and told me he wouldn't have sex with me," I smile, remembering the way he looked at me. But by the look of it, Leah isn't catching on.

"Harry told me he'd make love to me," I admit, her jaw dropping. I blush and nod, her hands grabbing my face as I laugh at her shocked behavior.

"Muscular Harry told you... he'd make love to you?" she asks, my lips curved as I nod.