He played with the radio until he found a classic rock station. “I’ve always loved the Pirates. My dad does own the team, you know.” He said as he settled when the song Sweet Child O’ Mine came on.

“Mhmmm.” I countered looking at him suspiciously. 

Jake looked at me as we were stuck in the traffic leaving the airport. Did they really have to catch the 3:45 flight? We’d be stuck here forever. I sighed.

“What? A man can’t wear a shirt without having his motives questioned?” Jake looked at me innocently as we finally made it past the moving traffic.

“No, he can’t.” I joked. Jake chuckled and ran a hand through his hair as he drove into the moving San Diego traffic. 

We sat in a comfortable silence just moving to the beat of the music when I realized we weren’t going to Jake’s house.

I eyed Jake suspiciously. “Ermm, Jake where are we going?” I asked as I looked at him skeptically. A grin tugged at his lips. 

“I’m kidnapping you of course.” He said with a slight chuckle. I gave him a weird look.

“This is just great, not even an hour and you’re doing something illegal.” I said sarcastically looking out of the window. 

Jake chuckled. “Chill Lee, we’ll get home tomorrow.” He said coolly. 

“Tomorrow? Okay, I’m not sure if I want to ask anymore questions.” I said still looking out of the window staring as the numberless palm trees along the beach we as we passed.

“That’s a good idea, because I’m not telling you anymore.”

I huffed at his remark. “Jackass.” I muttered. Jake just chuckled as he continued to drive. I sighed and rested my head back against the seat as I focused on the music and eventually dosed off.

***

I woke up abruptly to the boisterous sound of a horn honking. “Stupid dipshit! What the fuck are you doing?” Jacob muttered angrily. I giggled at his temper.

Jake heard my giggle and glanced at me with a crooked grin. “Morning sleepy head.” He said as he quickly pulled into a spot in the overcrowded parking lot. 

“Where are we? I asked glancing around the parking lot. Then, coming to my senses I read peoples shirts they either said Los Angles Pirates or Los Angles Clippers.

I looked at Jake wide-eyed.

“You did not!” I said excitedly. 

“I did.” He said with a cocky smile.

“Holy shit! I love you!” I said jumping up to hug him over the seat, but was pulled back down into my seat by my seatbelt. I moaned. 

Jacob was laughing at me as I took my seatbelt off. I giggled as well, nothing could ruin my good mood now. Quickly, I got out of the car as did Jake. He hit a button on his keys and the Hummer made a sound signaling that it was locked.

When I walked around to his side I gave him a huge hug, squeezing him extremely tight. He laughed at my action. 

I peeled myself off of him with a wide smile on my face. “I can’t believe you! Oh my freaking panda!” I said giddily as we headed towards the elevator, that would take us into the Arena.

Jake began to laughed harder at me, my face turned a slight red color. “What? I’m sorry I’m excited!” I said happily.

He just chuckled as we walked into the Arena. Jacob pulled out two passes with a string connected to go around the neck.