o n e

This is going to be a short story. I'll probably update once or twice a day until it's over. Enjoy. xx

•••

Morgan's POV
(Seven days after Reid's abduction.)

It was killing me- seeing the person I love so vulnerable and in pain. No one deserves to go through what he did, especially not him. Ever since the Tobias accident, I've been staying with him. I picked up on his behaviour change- moodiness, having to go to the bathroom more than normal... I even asked Hotch to let me take off for a week to look after him. I couldn't leave him and work a case for several days. I mean, leaving him by himself? With the state he is in? How would that even come close to a good idea?
I look over at him, his small figure curled up on a ball on the couch. I grab a blanket and put it over him gently, trying not to disturb him. He looks so peaceful; I smiled to myself. I sit back on the sofa, watching him.
I wonder what's going on in his head at the moment.
I stood up, looking at him again before I leave the room. I walk quietly into his room. Everything was scattered... I snatch up a few books, stacking them on a table in his room, repeating the process until his floor has no more books lying around.
Now, to pick up his clothes- I look around the floor, only a few shirts and a few pairs of pants.
My hand goes to the pants first, grabbing them from the bottom of the leg.
Something hits the floor when I do that, which makes me, of course, look at what it was.
A tiny bottle.
I furrow my eyebrows and lean down to pick it up. My eyes widen when I see what it is.
Hydromorphone? Why the hell would Reid have that?
I cringe at the thought of him doing drugs, but realize it would make sense. Why didn't I realize his behavior pointed to drugs?
Stop, Morgan.
I can't do this now- not when he needs help. I stick the bottle in my pocket and go into the living room.
I lean down next to Reid and shake him lightly.
"Reid." I whisper. His hazel eyes flutter open, looking confused.
"I know you're probably tired, but do you want to go on a walk?"
"I'm not tired, actually, but yes, I'd like that." He says, sitting up.
"Okay." I smile at him sweetly. I look him over, "Just go in those clothes, pretty boy."
"Alright."
He stands up, stumbling a little. He told me how Tobias took a belt to his feet. I feel a pang in my heart at the sight.
"You okay?" I touch his shoulder lightly.
"I'm f- fine." He stutters.
Once he's stable on his feet, I grab the front door, holding it open. We both leave the apartment building together, walking along the sidewalk.
"Where are we going? It's 10 PM, Morgan."
"We aren't going anywhere. We're just walking."
"Ah." He says, nodding his head up.
We get a little ways down, and that's when I speak up.
"Reid. Can we talk?"
"Uh, sure." His voice unsure. "What about?"
"I cleaned your room for you... you know, to be nice... and..." I stopped for a moment.
"And?"
"And I found hydromorphone."
His eyes turn into circles practically at my words. "I... Uh..."
"Reid, why do you have it?" I ask calmly.
"Jesus." He says to himself, running a hand through his hair. "Whenever... Whenever Tobias had me hostage, he'd give me dilaudid."
"Why?"
His mouth twitched a little and his voice became scratchy as he tried holding back his tears, "He told me it would make the pain go away."
"Dammit, Reid. You know that isn't the answer."
"I know, but it helped me feel nothing."
"Why didn't you talk to me?" I step closer to him as he looks at his feet.
"Because, I was afraid of what you'd think."
"Reid." I frown, and take his hands hesitantly, "I could never think bad of you."
"I know that now." He tells me quietly.
"You should have known that to begin with." I state. "I love you, Reid, and I'll be damned if I let you tear yourself apart over something you had no control over."
"I love you, Morgan." He says back to me, raising his face up to meet mine.
"I'm going to help you, okay?" I mumble, pulling him in closer to me, wrapping my arms around him.
"Okay." He wraps his arms around me, too.
I pull away from the hug and look at him, grabbing his hand. "Come on." He nods his head, agreeing to go back to his apartment.

•••

Just to clarify, they are only friends right now. Morgan has feelings for Reid, but they're unknown.
Also, regarding the "I love you" moment. Morgan meant it in a friendly way.