Chapter 22 - Do your remember the way I held your hand?

Start from the beginning

Soon, the song ended and the girls retreated away from the stage. With my entertainment gone, I returned to the kitchen, pouring myself more of my strictly virgin pop. When I turned around, I was expecting emptiness, but sadly that’s not what I got. I spotted the one girl who was tearing my world apart all by herself.

She smiled at me, a torturous smile that just made me want to kiss her. I scowled instead; this was not the time to go all virginal boy on her. “What the hell did you do to Rex?” I asked, stepping closer and crossing my arms over my chest.

“Nothing, nothing at all.” She said, setting her glass down on the counter and looking at me with her eyebrows furrowed in genuine confusion. “Why? What happened?”

“Well, he went upstairs to follow you and then stormed out of the house.” My piercing blue eyes narrowed at her, frowning and knowing she had something to do with Rex running off. “So what’d you do?”

She returned the frown, giving me a blank stare and grabbing her glass again. “Like I said, nothing, but he did see me dragging my hot friend, Milo, into a closet.” She sighed, looking away from me and taking a short sip from her glass. “That wasn’t my fault, I was drunk.”

“But wouldn’t that make you drunk right now?” My eyebrows furrowed in a bit of confusion as I looked at her.

“Yes, but,” She began, pointing a finger at me and smiling. “You people are so troublesome that you make sober in two seconds flat.”

I chuckled at her still drunkenness, waving the comment off. She made a grab for my hand, but ended up spilling her drink in the process. She goes to cover her mouth in shock, accidently dropping her glass, obviously wasted. My jaw dropped at my completely pop-drenched shirt.

She cursed rather loudly, grabbing my sleeve and dragging me upstairs. “There is some clothes up here you can use!” I scrunched my face up, wondering where she was going to get guy’s clothes from. “Top-dog, remember?” She reminded me, pointing at herself as we climbed up the stairs.

I nodded, letting her pull me wherever she was taking me. That made much more sense; as top-dog, she could do whatever she pleased without getting questioned. She pulled me into one of the bedrooms, bumping the door closed with her hip and releasing her grip on my sleeve. She dug through the closet for a moment before tossing something at me.

I looked down at the rather-big, plaid over-shirt, frowning a bit. “Well, put it on!” She ordered, crossing her arms over her chest and staring at me, smirking like the little devil she was. “Hurry now!”

I narrowed my eyes at her for a moment before hesitantly lifting the hem over my head, revealing my bare chest. I can feel her burning a hole right through my abs, but I do my best to ignore her, pulling on the loose shirt on. I heard her sigh, making me look up and see an almost-sad look on her pretty face.

“What’s wrong, Linx?” I asked softly, reaching a hand out and gently touching her forearm. “Are you okay? Do you need something?”

She shook her head quickly, looking over at my bright blue eyes. “I’m not o-fucking-kay, Oli!” She yelled, her body starting to tremble as she bit down on her bottom lip hard.

“Linx!” I grabbed her shoulders, looking her in the eyes and holding her still. “What the hell happened?”

She stuttered, no proper sentences coming out of her mouth. And before I knew it, she pushed me back onto the bed, immediately straddling me. She ordered me to do something, but I was too concerned with the gorgeous, little vixen’s full lips moving towards mine.

And that was the night our worlds collided and exploded on everyone around us. A night that had to happen in order for me to move on.

*~*