A Party?

"Zellie!"

Zelda turned around and saw Lana, another popular girl in the class. "Hey Lana," she greeted. "What's up?"

"Did you hear? Dark is throwing a Halloween party! And you have to bring a date!"

Zelda's lip twitched. "Oh, really."

"What's up??"

"I don't really like Halloween."

"What?? WHY?"

She smiled sheepishly. "Well, I'm not too fond of the parties."

"Why?"

Zelda chuckled at her friend's vast vocabulary in their conversation. "Everyone ends up intoxicated, and Dark loves playing those weird games."

Lana smiled. "Well, I guess that's true... So... you coming?"

Zelda snorted lightly. "Not planning on it."

Her face fell. "Why?"

"I already... " Zelda sighed. "Whatever, I just don't want to go."

"Are you sure it's not because-"

Zelda turned, trying to ignore Lana, and as she did she noticed Link nearby. She smiled slightly.

Lana noticed him too. "Hey, Link!"

Link turned around, confused, as his name was called by a stranger. "Oh, hey Zelda."

"Listen, Link, Zelda doesn't have a date for the Halloween party, so she won't go. You'll take her, won't you?"

"What? That's that's not why-"

Lana interrupted Zelda's protestations with an upraised hand and a smile. "You'll come, right?"

Link raised his eyebrow. "Oh? How kind of you to invite me."

Lana smiled. "Of course, and Zelda would love for you to be her date. I'll see you there!" Then she waved her hand and disappeared into the flowing crowd.

Zelda turned to Link, her face red with embarrassment. "I'm so sorry, Lana is-"

"A Halloween party?" Link interrupted.

"Yeah... It's something Dark throws every year. With disastrous consequences."

Link narrowed his eyes at the mention of his half brother. "Dark is throwing a party, huh."

"Listen, just ignore what Lana said. It's not like I'm not going because I don't I have a date, I just don't-"

"So you don't have a date?"

"Uhm... No?"

Link tilted his head to the side. "Would you go with me? I'd... actually like to go. I've never been to a party before. Kinda want to see what it's like."

Zelda's jaw dropped. "What??"

"Be my date to the Halloween party this Saturday."

-_-_-

It had taken everything in Zelda to find it within herself to ask Lana for help. She had no idea how to dress for Halloween. She was never allowed to before. Her parents had said that when she was eighteen she could... But now that she was old enough, she didn't want to anymore.

Hence having to ask Lana for help. Whom she was mad at. Because she didn't want to go to the stupid party; she didn't want to dress up... She just wanted to spend time with Link. And she was mad that Lana had used her crush on Link to bait her into going.

She couldn't believe Link even wanted to go to the party. He didn't like the people who were invited, not at all. Least of all his half brother. Dark, who had dropped out of school, still kept throwing school parties in the house he'd inherited from their uncle.

So there she was, with Lana, shopping for some stupid costume. It was going to cost her and she knew it. Lana would make sure that she had the fanciest, most luxurious costume that they could buy in their town of Hyrule.

"Seriously, what do you want to be?" Lana asked her for the fourth time, or maybe it was the seventh, Zelda had been trying to block her out after the second time.

"I don't know," she repeated. "I've never done this before."

"Never?"

Wow, she actually sounds just as surprised as the last three time I've told her. Zelda thought, and she was either incredulous or amused. "Never," she replied. "Like I've said, my parents didn't like me dressing up, they disapproved."

"But now you can, since you're eighteen."

"Yeah," she replied with a sigh. "Can we just get this over with? We've been here for two hours already."

"Of course. Just answer a few questions. Purple or black?"

"Black."

"Shoulder pads?"

"Um, no."

"Head piece?"

"Sure?"

"A sword?"

"Oh yes."

"I know the perfect thing."