2. Catching Up

(A/N : Autumn in MM. I decided to change the character of Autumn from where it says in the cast so don't be confused lol! Enjoy!)

"Higher! Higher!" Mikayla laughed as Autumn pushed her in the little baby swing.

Just to see her daughter smiling and happy , lit up her world.

Autumn had been stressed out over so many bills that had to be paid, and she didn't know how she would come up with the money. Even working two jobs didn't help support her.

She knew if she'd asked Vanity, her sister would be glad to give her the money right away, and so would Landon.But being the stubborn person she is, she wanted to handle things on her own and not have to be dependent on her sister. So she never told Vanity or Landon about her situation.

So bringing Mikayla out to the park would help her to take her mind off things.

" Not so high baby we don't want you to fly out of the swing." A voice came from behind them.

Autumn turned around recognizing the voice to see Vanity approaching where they were and sent her a warm smile.

" Auntie V! " Mikayla cheered as she looked at her aunt coming towards the two.

"Hi baby, aw look at you growing up on me!" Vanity said holding her as she took her niece out of the swing and kissed her chubby cheeks.

"How ya been baby girl?"

Mikayla gave her a thumbs up in return as a reply. Vanity pretended as if she was going to bite Mikayla's fingers off, causing a cute giggle to come out of her niece's mouth.

Autumn smiled looking at the both of them.

" Hey don't forget about me." Autumn said causing Vanity to look over to her.

"Now you know I can't forget about you."

The two hugged each other with Mikayla still in Vanity's arms.

"Wanna go sit and talk?" Vanity asked her.

"Duh is that even a question. " Autumn said smacking her lips,"Mimi auntie and I are going to go talk. Go ahead and play."

Mikayla nodded her head in understanding and Vanity put her down so she could go and play.

Since the park wasn't that big and there were only very few people there, it was clear that they would be able to see where Mikayla would be playing at from where the benches were.

The two women sat down and began to talk about recent events happening in their lives.

" So," Autumn said playfully punching Vanity on her arm, " Hows everything going on with you?"

" Hectic and stressful honestly. I really needed to talk to you A. " Vanity told her honestly.

Autumn could sense something was going on with her sister and her mind started to wonder what it could be. It's been a while since the two had a nice long conversation.

"What's wrong pooh?"

"I mean y'know , finding a job hasn't been easy, and then it's just a whole bunch of other stuff weighing on my shoulders."

"Okay stuff like what. You know I can help you find a job V, don't be scared to ask."

Truth is, Drake didn't want her to get a job. He felt like being the man in the relationship and bringing in all the money he was making , that he could be her provider and caregiver. But Vanity didn't want that. Being stuck in the house all day definitely didn't suit her. She wanted to do more and live her life. She hated the fact of being dependent on people.

"Yes I know, I just don't want to be a bother. I got this." She said lying.

" Really, a bother? Girl bye whatchu been smoking on? Ill always be here for you whether your being a bother or not. We're sisters, -" Autumn said but got cut off by Vanity.

"Always and forever." They both said simultaneously. Autumn smiled and so did Vanity. The two began to talk on and on about different things.

Interrupting their conversation, the two ladies heard a loud shriek come from over the park and instantly shot up. They both rushed over to check if Mikayla was the one screaming. When they reached over to where she was , she seemed perfectly fine, giving them both a sigh of relief. It must have been another child.

They both decided that it was time for them to leave. After saying goodbye to her sister and walking off to her car, she could feel her phone vibrating in her pocket indicating that she had either gotten text or a incoming call. But the vibrating stopped almost immediately and she pulled out to see a text message on her phone from the man of her dreams.

Ima come and see you at yo place tonight, promise your all mine when I get there.

Those few words made Vanity feel butterflies inside her stomach. She couldn't hide the smile that tried so hard to escape onto her face. She sat her phone back into her pocket and began t start her car up, and made her way back to the condo.

Chapter 2 is also very slow , but I promise , things will progress very quickly. I am trying the best I can to update and also make sure it is enjoyable at the same time, so please be patient with me lol. So I hope you guys got a glimpse of Autumn and Vanity's relationship in this chapter and tell me what you think. - Kayla