23::Hannah the Hopeful

Magsimula sa umpisa

This time I smacked him. "I'm not afraid to lay a hand on you."

"That's what she sai-"

"Shut up, Jerardo!" I cried, glaring at him.

"Lo siento! Lo sien-"

He cut himself off, his eyes squinting in the distance.

"Is that? Andrew-"

Andrew, already looking, suddenly has a change of mood. His eyes flashed wth relief and hope all in one, and it gave me hope. Hannah the hopeful, I guess. Luckily, o was able to take a picture of Andrew quickly while he was distracted. I sat the camera down and asked what was wrong. If get up myself but I don't have the energy.

"Hey!" Andrew suddenly yelled loudly. Jerardo soon joined in. "Help us! Hey!"

Then it hit me.

There was a boat.

A boat that would save us.

I won joined with them, my weak voice doing no effort to get them to notice us, but it was all I could contribute. The boat let out a loud horn, letting us know they saw us. Andrew and Jerardo began shouting in glee, thanking the Lord and Andrew even gave me a peck on the cheeks. All I could do was smile. Smile till my cheeks twitched and ached.

As the boat got closer and closer, it was becoming less fuzzier. I could make out the color and size of it, and the closer it got the more I had a bad feeling. Why did that ship look so...scary? I shook my head, deciding that I've always been super conscious and now is not the time. I'm about to be save, gosh darn it! Lighten up!

And then I heard screaming and shoots from the ship. Laughter and the sound of waves splashing on the ship. At first I was hesitant; what was happening?

"Oh God," Andrew muttered under his breath, his eyes like saucers, "Jerardo, get us the hell out of here!"

"¿me estás vacilando? ¿por qué es el mundo contra es ?" Jerardo screamed, immediately getting to work. He brought out the compass that I didn't know we even had and tried to jumpstart the boat. He was cussing and Andrew ran over to help him.

"Fuc-" Andrew shouted.

"Hurry up!"

"Plug that in! No-like this you imbecile! Hurry! Fuc-"

"Shi-"

"Why does this have to happen to us?"

They were shouting in frustration at each other, meanwhile the boat sounded like it was less than a mile away.

"Screw it! Grab a paddle! Let's get the hell out of here!" Jerardo shouted.

"Andrew?" I asked, trying to contain the anxiety I felt at seeing them like this. "What is it?"

"Don't worry," he said quickly, grabbing the paddle and sticking it in the water. "We've got- Jerardo! -we've got it under control. Hannah, I need you to listen to me and listen close. If anything goes wrong, you take that gun," he pointed to the gun, "and hit or shoot anyone. I don't care how you take them down, you just need to live."