Chapter 4 GO

3....2....1.... GO
Pansy pushed the kart and hopped in.
Lily stomped on the peddle and they were off.
They were in fourth place. Oh fiddle sticks Mario and Luigi had a red shell! But hey, they were behind Mario.
Lily held out on the peddle just until Luigi threw the red shell.
The red shell launched into the air like a dodge ball at PE.
Lily sped as fast as she could and they passed Mario and Luigi.
Pansy looked forward at the beautiful view. She'd been holding on for dear life but she'd also been admiring the new race suit that had appeared on her when she hopped onto the kart. It was white with purple stripes on the side. Her red hair billowing behind her.
Lily was similar except her stripes were blue and her hair was hot pink with flowers in it like always.
Pansy looked forward at the brilliant view. This didn't quite seem like GameCube. It felt like a mix of all the Mario Kart games together.
Lily pointed at a shimmering box in the distance. It was coming up fast.
Pansy realized what it was. An item cube.
She leaned over the edge of the kart and promptly scooped it up, its rainbow lights flashing at her. She held it in her palm for a couple of seconds and then it seemed to mold into 3 red mushrooms!
Pansy just looked at it stunned. She looked behind her as she saw Yoshi throw his 3 green shells at the ground. There was a flash and then the green shells appeared out of no where, circling the kart as it drove
Pansy screamed in terror and then she threw one of the mushrooms at the ground. It exploded but it didn't appear. Instead there was a blast of light as they zoomed past Mario again , who had passed them.
Lily laughed in delight as Pansy threw another mushroom at the ground.

And then they saw the road ahead of them. Heading Straight Into water.