Insecurities

I walked along laughing and talking with my friends; I bet I looked confident. But on the inside my thoughts were racing a mile a minute and I was nervous. I felt like everyone could hear how annoying it was. Everyone knew and hated me for it. It's been like this since I was little. I never grew out of it and I knew everyone made fun of me for it. My friends did to my face, but I'd laugh them off to pretend it didn't sting. But it was obnoxious so they weren't wrong.

I hated my voice so much.

But I couldn't do a thing about it. It was out of my control.

Maybe if I just quit talking then people wouldn't have to hear it. Especially since now I wonder how many other things are there about me that people don't like?

My personality?

My clothes?

My smile?

My hair?

Me?

Maybe I'm too stupid and people will use it as an excuse so I won't have to know how fat I am. Or maybe I'm actually really ugly.

I bet I am.

I know I am.

If I stopped talking that'd be one less thing for people to deal with.

If I stopped eating that'd be one less thing for people to deal with.

If I stopped smiling that'd be one less thing for people to deal with.

If I stopped breathing that'd be one less thing for people to deal with.