The Fire Heart

Chapter one: Fire Rising

     My eyes danced around in my eye sockets, rapidly taking in my surroundings. Oh, why had I gone and gotten myself cornered? I didn't want to kill them. Yet. Oh well. No time to think about that now. I backed up a bit, then charged the raiders. Leaping high over their heads, I land with a soft thump and take off into the twisting tunnels of the warehouse.
I knew where I has heading, as this place had been my domain for the past five hundred years. Slipping under a crate, I enter the tunnel I had made to my cave. My home. I quickly slammed the door down, then locked it.
I sat there, my back to the door, panting. I haven't ran that fast since... Well, I don't know when. After a while I got up and walked silently to the fireplace. I held my hand over the fireplace. Fire suddenly sprang up after about a minute, and I smiled.
I was getting better at that, although I wasn't as good as I wanted to be. Picking up a pot, I slowly and carefully poured some water into it. I placed the pot over the fire to boil, and lean into the crevice that I used for storing food and pulled out a few strips of venison.
The water soon starts to boil, and I place the meat into the water to stew. Suddenly, an arrow zips over my head. Training. Fun. I dash into my "Bedroom" to save my meal from being knocked over, then jump easily onto a ledge about three yards off the sandy floor.
Robot, the robot I had programmed to randomly attack me followed. Robot shut the door as he entered. I leap across my room and grasp hold of a bar in the wall, then swung myself into a crevice. Robot looked around, confused for a moment. He started to climb the bars in the wall, the rusted metal groaning with each step. I waited in the shadows, (what eye color? Vote in the comments) eyes glowing faintly.
Robot switched his flashlight on. I crept deeper into the crevice, then slipped through a hole into a small cave. I toss a small stone into the crevice, alerting Robot. He quickly climbed up to the crevice, and forced himself into the opening.