Pure as Snow ~Chapter One~

~Pure as Snow~

We all corwded around the hang out room windows as we starred at a pure white wolf with gold eyes, "Wow!" I heard someone yell.

"Can't wolves kill you?" Someone asked across the room.

"They can rip your throat out in a heartbeat!" Someone answered, snickering, everybody shrieked away from the window.

But I was mesmerized by the wolf, and I think it was by me.

I saw it before...but where?

"Hey Bre," Jane tried to get my attention.

"Yeah?" I asked, not wanting to look away from it.

"What happened with your adoptive parents?" She asked.

I shrugged, "They never showed up." Then I turned my attention back to the wolf, but it disappeared. I frowned.

"Don't you think its strange how they just don't show up. Didn't you say they arranged everything even before you came here?" Jane was starting to act like a detective when there was really nothing to snoop around on.

They didn't wan't me, point blank.

"What are you getting at Jane?" I asked, opening the back door and walking outside.

"I just think its weird, don't you?" She asked, trying to walk in front of me.

"I don't know, and honestly I don't care." I said, walking faster to avoid her, I hated her questions.

"Just listen, did you even know there names? No? Why not? Why didn't they tell you, what are they hiding? Or were at lest trying to hide?" She asked, or more like questioned herself.

I stopped, turning to face her, "Jane, just drop it! There's nothing to it! They didn't want me! Just like all the others, its that simple!" I tried to make her understand.

Her face became sad, " Its okay to admit that your sad that they didn't come." Jane said.

I scowled, "Please Jane, just drop it." I said as I continued to walk, then I stopped, not because of my anger, but because we were in the middle of the woods...lost...

"Great! Just absolutely great!" I yelled, laughing at nothing in particular.

Then Jane fell silent, and I noticed that she started to shake, "Whats wrong Jane?" I asked, following her gaze.

There standing on a broken tree stump was the biggest brown wolf I saw in my life, or better yet the only wolf I've seen in my life. How did we even walk into the forest without even noticing it.

It jumped of the stump and started to growl, walking closer to us.

"What are we supposed to do!" I whispered to Jane, she was turning extremely pale.

"I-I don't know..." She stuttered.

Then I realised why she was so scared, that kid that told us a wolf could rip your throat out in a heart beat.

Then I started getting scared.

"I-I think we should run." I suggested, walking back slowly.

"Are you crazy!? It would catch us!" She hissed back. It looked extremely hunger. I didn't want to be his dog food.

So I did something really stupid, I grabbed Jane's hand and sprinted as fast as I could.

I noticed that I wasn't ripped to shreds yet, I looked behind us, and noticed that the wolf was just playing with us.

"Jane, its just playing with us." I said tiredly, slowing down.