Maybe Lindsey Should Have Done the 'Trust Me' Part in I'm Not Okay.

Start from the beginning

"But of course. Did my rad fringe not give that away yet? Damn I'm gonna half to push things up a notch so people can tell from the start. Don't want to make any false impressions, you get me?" Lindsey only found Frank's jokes all the funnier and continued to hold her sides laughing. Frank turned to Gerard, smirk still firmly in place, "What do you think, what should I change?"

"I-I. Uh Nothing," the words coming out to fast, Gerard not having time to stop himself. His cheeks flamed even hotter, at this point the tomato-like boy fearing he would set alight due to the heat from his face. He buried his head down not making eye contact, wishing he was at home in bed and not about to ruin the only chance at a friendship he'd had in over a year.

Lindsey watched on as she saw her best friend making a dick of himself, refusing to look up, and at the newest boy sitting slightly dumb founded. But Lindsey was certainly not mistaken when she thought she also noticed him looking embarrassed, with his cheeks starting to match Gerard's in colour.

This was the results Lindsey had been looking for. She had her data. Now she had to make a plan and get her idiot of a best friend to go along with it or just not mess it up completely. 

****** 

Gerard lay in his bed, thanking God that the first day of school had been a Friday. Now he could completely ignore what had happened with Frank and spend the next few days curled up in bed. He could cancel his study plans with Frank tomorrow, anyway, he doubted Frank wanted to even talk to him anymore. Considering the two of them didn't even speak till the end of lunch and then ran off to classes, without so much as eye contact.

Obviously that sort of peace could not happen for Gerard Way. 

"Yo, Gee. Linds is on the phone for you. Says it's really important or something. Will cheer you up," Mikey, the sixteen year old Way brother, opened the door and spoke.

"Tell her I'm sick or in the shower or something," Gerard huffed, delving deeper into his blankets.

"She told me you would say that and if you did to tell you that if you don't come to the phone now, she's going to come over and cut up all your comics." Mikey replied, hurt evident in his voice at the threat.

Gerard sat up at this. He knew Lindsey too well. Well enough to know not to put such a horrific act past her. He swung his legs out of bed and walked out to take the phone Mikey handed him.

"What the fuck are you playing at?" Lindsey questioned.

"What do you mean?" Gerard asked, trying to act as innocent as possible.

"Don't fuck with me, Way. I mean the fourteen missed calls and I don't know how many messages sitting on that cell phone of yours that you don't seem to actually use."

Gerard sighed, knowing Lindsey was not taking any of his pity-me bullshit today. "Okay, sorry I had it turned off. What's so important that you threatened the life of my comic collection over?"

"I have news. Interesting news, that I'm positive you are going to want to hear." 

"Okayyy? Continue."

Gerard heard Lindsey laughing down the line. "Oh Gee, trust me, you aren't getting it that easily. I'll be at yours in five minutes, have something ready to bribe this out of me with by then and you'll be told."

Before Gerard could even think about protesting the call ended and he was left standing there. In his pajamas, bed head and a very confused look on his face.

His best friend was hard work.

Five minutes later he was now sitting on his bed, but still trying to make sense of what was happening exactly. This was interrupted by the door flying open to reveal a very smug female, looking at him expectantly.