ScourgexFiona

Requested by... @-QueenOfCards-

•Scourge POV•

"Dad!" My son, Blaire called from his room. I yawned and scratched my back. "What does he want now?" I moaned and gritted my teeth.

"I'm coming Blaire!" I answered and rolled out of my bed. I scratched my neck and went to the end of the hallway. I opened Blaire's door, he was cowering underneath his blankets.

"Blaire..." I sighed and sat by his bed. "Why are you hiding?" I asked him. "The monsters in the castle are coming after me..." He whined, the blankets shook. "Blaire, there are no monsters in this castle." I told him sternly. I took the blanket out from over his head.

He looked just like is mother. It scared me just a little to look at him. I wouldn't turn into my father, though. My father was absolutely horrible. I wouldn't let history repeat itself. My boy was going to be loved, by the one parent he has left.

Blaire had my eyes, nose, and his ears were green like mine. He was like his mother, a fox, and the rest of him was her color. He just looked so much like her. "Let me tell you a story, Blaire." I smiled at him. Blaire laid his tiny head on my lap. "Okay Daddy."

"By the time I was your age I'd give anything to fall in love truly
was all I could think,
that's when I met your mother
the girl of my dreams,
the most beautiful woman that I'd ever seen."

I wasn't really his age when I met Fiona and fell in love with her. I was probably closer to 12, but I fell in love when I was 15. We were a dangerous couple.

"She said "boy can I tell you a wonderful thing?
I can't help but notice you staring at me,
I know I shouldn't say this, but I really believe,
I can tell by your eyes that you're in love with me."

It's hard to admit when you're really in love with someone. At first I thought I was using her as a play toy, so to speak, but she was something more.

"Now son, I'm only telling you this because life can do terrible things.
Now most of the time we'd have too much to drink
and we'd laugh at the stars and share everything."

It hurt me, thinking back on those days. After we escaped a few prisons, we laid low for a little while. We just soaked up the life that we loved. The one where people feared and despised us.

"Too young to notice and too dumb to care,
love was a story that couldn't compare."

The love we had, it wasn't just for play. I realized that around the time I got her pregnant. We were happy, surprisingly, me more than her. She cried, but smiled. It was hard deciding if she wanted the baby or not. We weren't married, and I didn't want our kid growing up and saying that his parents weren't married.

"I said "girl can I tell you a wonderful thing?
I made you a present with paper and string,
open with care now, I'm asking you please,
you know that I love you,
will you marry me?"

I still remember the twisted feeling stuck in my throat and chest. I felt like the air was suffocating me.

"Now son I'm only telling you this because life can do terrible things
you'll learn one day, and I'll hope and I'll pray that God shows you differently."

I patted Blaire's head and he blinked up at me. He had some tiny tears in his little eyes. I sniffed and wiped them off for him.

"She said "boy can I tell you a terrible thing?
It seems that I'm sick and I've only got weeks.
Please don't be sad now, I really believe,
you were the greatest thing that ever happened to me."

When she had told me that, I had hoped it was a joke. I had hoped that the air would suffocate me. But, it wasn't a joke and the air only created more years of pain.

"Slow, so slow, I fell to the ground on my knees.
So don't fall in love there's just too much to lose
if you're given the choice, I'm begging you choose to walk away, walk away,
don't let her get you, I can't bare to see the same happen to you."

I wouldn't wish that pain upon my enemies. Fiona was the last thing, person, I had in my life. We lived together in the castle together for one year of Blaire's life. I made doctors help Fiona and get better, but even they couldn't do anything. A day before Blaire's second birthday, Fiona died, and a part of me along with her.

"Now son, I'm only telling you this, because life can do terrible things."