The first Full moon

Remus' head was aching and he felt cold and tired. He usually stayed in bed the day of the full moon, but this time he didn't. If he wouldn't go to class, everyone would wonder why, and at the moment, Remus didn't feel like answering to that question. Things surely were different at Hogwarts and of course there were things he didn't like, but still, he really loved the castle and the corridors, the students and the teachers and all the wonderful classes.

He sat at the Gryffindor table, eating lunch together with his friends Sirius Black and James Potter who were looking at Remus, both with slightly worried expressions on their faces.

'Are you sure you shouldn't go to Madam Pomfrey?' James asked, playing with his spoon in his cereals. 'You do look very pale...'

'Yeah, you look ill, mate,' Sirius flicked in. 'I think you should go to Mad-'

'I'm fine,' Remus cut off. He knew he sounded angry and he knew that his friend only wanted his best, but Remus couldn't help getting annoyed with them, he was just so tired. They didn't understand anyway.

'Ok...' James put down his spoon and stood up. 'Shall we go to transfiguration then?'

They all got their things and started to make their way to transfiguration.

There were already a group of people waiting outside the classroom, one if them Lily. She was talking with a girl called Dorcas Meadowes, whose teeth would suit a horse, but when she saw Remus she said something to the girl and walked over to him, ignoring James' "Pleasure seeing you here, Evans" completely.

'Hello, Remus,' she said and smiled warmly, as she always did. 'How are you? You look slightly... pale.'

'Wow, how very observant of you to notice,' Remus snapped. 'You're only the... let me think... hundredth person to say that today. I know I'm pale. So what?'

Lily frowned slightly.

'Why are you so angry? Are you sure you're Ok?'

'Yes, Lily! I don't need anyone else asking whether I'm Ok. I'm fine! Splendid!'

'God, Remus, I was only asking,'Lily muttered and turned away with her nose in the air.

Remus knew that he had acted wrong. He had been unfair, maybe even mean, but right now, he didn't care. He just wanted to rest. At home he had always stayed in bed the day of the full moon, but now things were different.

'Mr. Lupin.'

Remus turned around quickly. McGonagall stood behind him, looking just as stern as always.

'Mr. Lupin, I would like you to follow me to the headmaster's office. The rest of you,' she looked at the other students. (Maybe especially at James, Sirius and Peter) 'No. Chaos.
Come Lupin.'

Remus blushed slightly, bowing his head. He knew everyone was staring at him and he wished he had James invisibility cloak.

McGonagall didn't say anything as they walked. Remus appreciated that he didn't have to tell her that he already knew that he was pale and that he was absolutely fine.

They stopped in front of a golden gargoyle. Remus looked at professor McGonagall, wondering why they stopped.

'Chocolate frog,' the professor said, and just as Remus started to wonder whether she wasn't completely sane, the gargoyle jumped aside and showed a spiral staircase.

'There you go,' she said. 'The headmaster is waiting for you.'

Remus nodded, took a deep breath and walked up the staircase. He was nervous. He had never been to the headmaster's office before, and even though he was quite sure what professor Dumbledore wanted to talk about, he was afraid that something had gone wrong. What if it was all a mistake. What if Remus would have to go home again?