Chapter 37

Tammy

2 months later...

"Are you eating right and taking your vitamins?" Grams asked sitting a plate of leftover lasagna in front of me.

Every time she sees me she grills me about what I'm doing and not doing concerning the baby. Ever since I told her and my father that I was pregnant it's been all about the baby and he or she isn't even fully grown yet.

"Yes. I'm taking care of MYSELF and the baby."

"Ain't nobody worried about you child." She fanned me off and went to the sink to finish washing dishes. "How's my future son in law?"

"He's good." I answered not really wanting to stop eating to talk at this point.

She left me alone to finish eating but as soon as I was done she took my plate. She placed it in the drying rack and then sat at the table across from me. She had a serious look on her face. I had no idea what she was about to say but I was slightly nervous.

"What's going on with you and Draya?"

I wanted to roll my eyes so bad but I didn't want to get slapped. I shrugged. "Nothing I care to worry about Grams."

"You're family."

"She pushed me away first. I tried my best to be there for her. I tried to be understanding of her situation but she kept on. She started throwing jabs at me when we saw each other so I just let it all go. I'm not stressing myself out for her. I don't care if she's blood." I stated honestly.

Draya and I haven't spoken since she came to my house losing her mind 2 months ago. We conduct ourselves cordially when it has to do with work but other than that we don't speak and I don't even think she knows about the pregnancy.

She shook her head. "I don't like to see this. Your father's pulled away from each other and I learned my lesson then to let them be so I won't say anything. You're grown. You handle it."

"There's nothing to handle." I looked down at my phone to see I had a new message from August. "Grams August wants to know if he can have some leftovers too."

After I left Grams house I headed to August's shop to give him this food. My car now smelled like Lasagna since he didn't have a microwave anymore and I had to heat it up before I left. I told him to just buy a new microwave but he's being lazy.

"What's going on sis?" Gio greeted me when I walked in after being buzzed in by Lana.

"Hey Gio." I gave her a hug before sitting down.

"Hey my little niece." She touched my belly that wasn't visible through clothes I had on.

I laughed. "What if my baby is a boy?"

"You really want a boy with August head shape? At least the hair will help my niece out."

"Don't do my baby like that." I heard Lana laughing. It was funny but I had to stick up for August and his big ass head.

"It's cute you wanna stick up for my bro."

August came out from the back with his client laughing at something. He winked at me making me smile while he finished up that conversation. After the guy walked over to the desk to pay August walked over to Gio and I sitting next to me.

I kissed me and I handed him his food that was still hot. "Thank you baby."

"You're welcome."

"And don't think I ain't hear you talkin shit G. Get yo ass shot."