Chapter 2

James had seen many strange things in his career. He'd seen things that left him feeling sorry for someone, feeling awed, angry maybe but never anything that scared him. This however did scare him but as always, curiosity took control. "I'm James," he said to his creation "and what in the universe are you doing in my store cupboard?"
"Your store cupboard?" replied the other James  "It's just that last time I looked it was mine. I bet now you'll say this is your office."
"Actually, yes this is my office now stop all this pretending, who are you and what are you doing in my cupboard?" the real James asked.
"I've told you, I am James Walters and I have no idea what I was doing in my cupboard. I was scanning myself and suddenly I was in the cupboard unless... Oh no!" he replied covering his face with his hands. "I'm a copy, look we're identical even down to that scar on our forearms from shutting it in a teleportation booth when we were 17."
 James finally realised what he had done. It was nothing special, nothing new and original. He had created a clone who would be driven mad by knowing he was a fake.

What had he done!

"What is the meaning of this visit?" asked Rhys.

"I need help, you've always been close to me in the sense that I come to you when in trouble," James replied.

"Go on then." said Rhys warily.

"I have created something terrible. I have made a copy of myself who shall eternally be tortured by the knowledge that he's a fake."

"Hold on, is he a creature born of the machine?"

"Yes."

"Then he should be stronger than human beings."

"He is, he broke the door off my cupboard."

"So hopefully we could use his strength to our advantage."

"But he could also use it to harm us for creating him in the first place."

Rhys said nothing for a long time but eventually said "It's a chance we must take, we could die otherwise."