Chapter 1

He felt the scanner running up his body, searching him, investigating every hair and every contour. With the scan complete, the computer proudly announced "scanning successful, commencing print. 40 minutes remaining."

His mad ideas had never worked before always greeted with half hearted enthusiasm before being forgotten about four weeks later. "This" he said to no one in particular, "this is going to be perfect"

"20 minutes remaining." announced the computer. James was testing on himself to see if it worked.

"10 minutes remaining." He could almost taste the apprehension as his plans neared completion.

"5 minutes remaining" He could imagine things going wrong but discounted the ideas as him being silly.

"1 minute remaining" He could feel his heart beating like a maddened drum in his chest.

"30 seconds"

" What if this causes damage to the technology?" he thought to himself.

"5.4.3.2.1.0. Operation completed." Here it was: the moment of truth. Had his idea worked? Only one way to find out. He walked over to the door behind which his creation waited while his heart drummed its manic rhythm

All of a sudden the door flew off its hinges narrowly missing him. Seeing what stood in the doorway was like looking into a mirror. The biggest shock came when his creation announced " Sorry about that. I say, don't we look alike? My name's James by the way."

It was alive!