Chapter XVII

The look of disbelief filled Roxas' face when he saw Saix run into the portal with Xion in his arms. He reached out his arm as if he could reach out and grab her, saving her from what terrible fate that Saix had in store for her. Once his arm was outstretched, the portal vanished and took the two nobodies with it, swallowing them whole. Roxas' hand shook as it stayed frozen in the air, still stretching out toward his friend. His eyes went wide when he finally realized she was gone.

"Xion!"

Axel's cry replaced Roxas' as he suddenly dashed for the empty spot. The three teenagers all has their mouths hung open in shock. Since they were not nobodies, they had never seen a Corridor Of Darkness before; it was not normal for people with hearts to see that. It didn't matter to Axel however, since he completely ignored them and stood in the spot where Xion had just been and was staring at it. When Axel finally noticed them, he shot them a glare and suddenly summoned his Chackrams.

"Leave! Now!" He demanded as he suddenly started making fire a few feet away from them.

The three teenagers screamed with fear and ran off, leaving Roxas, Axel, and Namine to be alone and talk about what had happened. As soon as the teens passed Roxas and Namine and left the sandlot, Roxas and Namine approached Axel just as he put his weapons away. Concerned filled Roxas' face as Axel began to glare daggers at the empty spot, as if it was the grounds fault.

Namine's eye twitched as she saw the blood a few feet away, she approached the blood with a shaky hand as she realized how much Xion actually lost. She didn't dare touch it since it might stain her pure white dress, but instead she turned away when the scent began to fill up her nose. She lightly jogged toward Roxas and clung to his arm; she was fearful that Saix would come back and hurt them too.

"He probably wants Xemnas in return of Xion." Axel stated as his eyes veered toward the blood. "But then again, he knows we're from the future." His hands clenched together tightly as he tried not to punch something out of frustration.

"Then what do we do...?" Roxas was mostly muttering to himself but loud enough for the other two to hear. Namine lifted her head to give him a worried look as she took a deep breathe, but nothing other than air came from her mouth. Axel began pacing back and forth with his shaking hands being held behind his back, letting the thoughts swirl in his mind like a tornado.

"We need a plan." Axel muttered, staring at the ground as he paced. "We need one soon, Xemnas isn't ready yet and Xion might not have much time."

Roxas' eyes lit up. "Namine can you still summon Heartless? I may have one idea we could use, but we're gonna need several to choose from."

Namine nodded. "I still can summon the Darkside."

Roxas shot her a small smile as Axel stopped pacing to stare with curiosity. "Then I have one idea..."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

There were only a few members of the Organization left after a group of them went to Castle Oblivion. Xigbar, Xaldin, Demyx, Luxord, and the one leading them all since their current Superior was kidnapped: Saix. There were only five members left to take on the three traitors that were currently free from the Organizations grasp. Since Saix was basically the Superiors pet, he took charge over the remaining four members and was currently leading a meeting with them.

"As you all know, The Superior has been kidnapped." Saix stated from the Superiors chair as the other four listened closely. "I am not aware of their plans or why, but the traitors Number VIII and Number XIII are to blame for the Superiors disappearance."

"Then let's go in there all at once and grab Xemnas!" Xigbar called out with an angry fist waving in the air.

Saix shook his head as he glared. "No. We shouldn't go in there all at once. I have something else planned. You see, Number XIV has also betrayed us and went along with the other traitors. However I managed to grab her." Slight gasps were heard from the four which echoed throughout the meeting room, they murmured among themselves and Saix didn't wait for them to quiet down. "We could use her as bait to lure the traitors in."

A loud scoff was heard from Xaldin and his gruff voice, which hushed the other three. He crossed his arms. "Lure them in? Why would we want them in the castle? We should kill them."

Saix shook his head. "I want to give them a chance to redeem themselves. If not, then we offer a trade; The Superior for Number XIV. If that fails, then we kill all of them."

Xigbar grumbled. "I still think we should go in there all at once."

"We need to play with them a bit first, don't you agree? They need to get what they deserve, and we need to grab the Superior carefully in case they threaten us as well. Besides, we don't have any clue where they're hiding him so we must be cautious. We cannot take traitors lightly."

"Where is the prisoner anyway?" Luxord asked with a smirk.

A portal opened in the middle of the chairs where the platform was, and not long afterwards Xion stumbled out before falling to her hands and knees. She was weak and exhausted, still injured from her previous fight with Saix. It took her a few seconds to lift up her head and glare at the other Organization members when she finally realized where she was. She forced herself to her feet, groaning in pain as she did so. Without falling back down Xion stood up with her back straight and her head high, refusing to show any signs of fear or weakness toward Saix who was watching her intently.

A loud laugh erupted from Xigbar which echoed throughout the room, leaving the others for an awkward silence. "The puppet eh? You really think Roxas and Axel would want her back? She's lesser than nobodies themselves!"

More laughter roared from the other members except Demyx, who uncomfortably shifted in his seat. His eyes glanced to Xion, who also turned her head and met his gaze. They both exchanged eye contact for a bit before Demyx frowned and quickly took a glance at the others, who were still laughing. In a split second Demyx waved his hand and a portal appeared beneath Xion's feet. She gasped in surprise and fell into the portal which quickly got the others attention. When the portal closed, Saix slammed his fist in anger as the other looked around.

"What. Was. That?" Saix growled through clenched teeth. "Who did that?!"

Silence. Everyone exchanged looks but not a word was heard from them. The only person who hadn't made any contact was Demyx, and that's the direction Saix's eyes were glaring to. Demyx could feel his glare on him, and he nervously gulped and fiddled with his own fingers as he turned away. Right away Saix knew who was the culprit in this situation.

"Demyx." Saix said sternly before sighing. "Why?"

"W-Why? What do you mean why? I didn't do anything!" Demyx smiled sheepishly, but the glare he was receiving made the smile fade away into a frown. "I-I didn't want any arguing or uh er..."

Saix narrowed his eyes. "Where is it now?"

Demyx winced at the sound of the word "it". She was suppose to be a simple puppet for the Organization, but Demyx still thought of her as one of them. He barely knew much about her but he still liked her. She was quiet but polite to at least him, it seemed a bit rude to Demyx to call her an "it"

"Back in the dungeon..." Demyx admitted.

Another silence erupted as Saix continued to glare. Eventually he gave up and relaxed a bit more, leaning his back against the back of the chair he was sitting in and using the arm rest to place his elbow as he rested his face on his hand. He just scanned his audience for a moment before letting out yet another annoyed sigh and refused to look at Demyx, for even the sight of him might make Saix want to strangle him.

"Let's discuss our plan." Saix addressed. "And no one should have any idea of betraying us..."

His eyes quickly darted toward Demyx.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The most logical thing would be to "attack all at once" if Saix wanted to make a plan but since the game never did that and each member approached Sora one at a time, that's what I'm gonna do 8D Gotta follow the logic of the actual game right? Anyway I hope you enjoyed have a wonderful day!

~Yunru