Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Claire woke up in unknown room. She looks from her right where she saw a spacious room with red curtain hangings and red fur carpet printed with golden butterflies but other from that the room is bare. She twisted to her left where her eyes found a big window with red curtain printed with tiger Lilly flowers in intricate gold. She could see that the sun has already risen from the beams of the colored glass window that made its way through the room. She closed her eyes when she felt a pair of eyes watching her. She got herself up with haste clutching the blanket in her chest. Her heart is pounding when her eyes landed into a pair of intense blue ones. The boy from before was sitting in what looks like a Victorian table set with a cup of coffee on his left hand and a news paper on the other. An awkward silence pass between them, eyes clashing to one another no one wanted to avert their eyes first. It was Claire who lowered her gaze because she felt uncomfortable by his gaze.

"Do you want some coffee?" He asked as he gestured to the tea pot in the table. He was watching her like a wolf does. His eyes are predatory and Claire felt like she's going to drown in those deep blue eyes. She shifted a little and looks down to check if her clothes are still intact. "Don't worry I won't do anything to an unconscious woman." He said with a light chuckle as he took a sip to his coffee still looking at her.

"Who are you?" Claire asked with a little shiver in her voice.

"I'm Raven, Raven Luke Hale." He said as he put down his coffee and news paper to face her entirely.

"What do you want with me? Do you want some ransom because I ain't have any money." She said as she made her way to the edge of the bed. Her question was met with laughter and somehow she felt irritated. Her brows furrow and her lips thin in a straight line.

"What's funny?" She asked in a frustrated voice.

"No, it's just do I look like some poor dude in the street?" He asked as he sat straighter. Now that she think about it his clothes seems expensive. He wore a ragged Levi jeans and a white fitted shirt that seems to emphasize his faint muscle. He didn't seem like those too much muscled man. He looks more like I'm still developing boy to be man. He coughed and my eyes go back to his beautiful face, I would say the right word is beautiful because he is one, the contours of his face is sharp and smooth at the same time, his eyelashes are thick and long and his lips are pale pink, yes he is beautiful. 

"Done checking me out?" He asked as his neat brows arch a little. I blush a deep beet red. I averted my gaze and look at the floor instead, finding it more interesting in the moment. 

"You never change Claire; you still have that habit of looking at the ground when you're embarrassed." At that Claire look up alerted. 

"What do you mean? Why did you bring me here?" She asked a little frightened at the fact that somehow this man knew her.

"Why don't you seat down here in the chair and drink some coffee?" He said as he poured some coffee for her. She cautiously stands from the edge of the bed. She hesitated a little at taking the steps toward him but gathering her courage she held her head high and steadied her gaze. As she sat down she took a sip at the coffee and set it down once she took enough to calm her nerves. She gave him a look saying 'so'.

"Where should I start? What do you want to know first?"

"How about why did you bring me here?" She said with a little sarcasm in her voice.

"Alright, so here's a thing. I will tell you first of a story." He said as he placed his elbow to the table and crossed his arms. Ignoring her sarcasm His gazes hold her in place.