Chapter One

[Takes place after the second one shot Heat in my Marvel Imagines book. I listened to Victorious by Panic! At The Disco while writing this and the song really goes well with the chapter.]

    It's almost amusing to see SHIELD agents following you around. You let them think they're getting close to catching you, but then you disappear and leave them wandering, clueless, swearing into a comm that they just saw her, or she was right there.

It becomes boring after a while, sadly. But then you get the call for the next mission and you're up and prepping, putting everything in place and making sure things are in order.

The mission is clear and, in your opinion, maybe just a little too boring. Like the previous mission, your target is a well respected chairmen, but he's not as young or handsome.

You memorize his face perfectly, along with his schedule and license plate number.

The agent who had informed you of the target hadn't specified how the man should die, so you come up with a plan to make it look like a robbery gone bad.

The location of the kill will happen in New York. Rather close to the might Avengers Tower, you might add, but you'll steer clear of them. For now.

And so, days later, you're waiting by the targets car, phone in hand as you scroll through an email detailing the next mission after this one.

See, your skills are useful but expensive. Though your sources don't complain as you get the job done quick and easy.

Shoes clicking against the pavement alerts you that someone is approaching. Judging by the way their walking indicates that they're around 6'0", too tall for your target.

But he stops at the targets car, unlocking the vehicle and climbing in. You furrow your eyebrows, trying to see the mans face but a cap is preventing you from doing so.

You then get a feeling that something isn't right. Something's wrong and you need to get out.

And your suspicions are correct as a red dot appears above your heart. It wouldn't matter if you'd get shot in the chest, you'd still be able to keep running, but the blood is a pain to clean.

"Give it up, (Y/n)." Natasha walks out of the shadows and you can tell that she's suppressing a smirk. "It's over."

You hold up your hands, pressing the self destruct button on your phone and throw it in the way of the snipers line of aim. You dive out of the way as the bullet pieces the device and it explodes.

The blast singes your jacket, but other than that you're completely fine as you head straight for the fire escape.

The red dot is back, but it's on your neck this time and you roll to the ground to avoid getting a hole blown through you.

"(Y/n), stop!"

You don't listen as you dig around in your pocket and grab the first thing you touch. A smoke bomb, you notice, activating it and tossing it over your shoulder.

The hiss of gas releasing and harsh coughing tell you that Natasha's been taken care of. But now onto the sniper. Whoever they are hasn't tried to shoot you down again, so they're probably on the move.

It doesn't take much effort for you to leap onto the fire escape and start climbing. But you notice you're not alone about halfway up. You remembered the small electrifying device in your pocket, so you dig it out and wait until you're on the rooftop to attach it to the fire escape and turn it on.

A wave of electricity immediately shoots through the whole metal structure and you hear a roar, followed by a crash as whoever it was following you up had been touching the railing when you set off the current.

Your heart should be racing as you leap onto another rooftop, but you once again remind yourself that you're not actually alive and try not to think too much about it as you run away from possibly the only chance you have at become normal again.

[how was it? I'm so bad at writing fast paced stories or anything really and I'm not even sure if anyone's going to like it >-<. Sorry if it sucks!]