(23) R.J. Avalon di Arcana

Start from the beginning

Royalty's POV

"Who was it?" I asked him putting on my clothes as he went into his closet

"Geo." he answered taking out a jacket and shirt

"You've got to go?" I asked sadly "But it's Saturday."

Geez I sound like Neveah begging for yogurt!

"We're going to the zoo." he answered "Get dressed babe."

I rolled my eyes.

Neveah!

I got dressed in short Denims and a florescent green vest, black skinny jeans and I placed my hair into two twin tails. I looked around for shoes but I wanted something new to wear today and I shoved my phone into my pocket and put my light blue and white Beat headphones around my neck and went into Xavier's room. I didn't bother knocking and just entered. He was in a white graphic polo shirt with a gold skull at the back, black skinny jeans and black Timberlands. I went into his closet. I looked around and then came across a cool pair of white Timberlands.

"You won't mind?" I asked taking down the pair and showing it to him

"My shoes? Really?" he laughed.

I shrugged.

"I'll buy you a pair if you like them so much." he stood up and put his phone into his pocket "Take them for now. Interest will be charged if they're not back after we get back."

I laughed and sat down on his bed and put them on. I heard the spraying of perfume but I didn't bother looking up as the sweet candy scent filled the room. I soon felt something being stuck gently in my hair and looked up to where Xavier was sticking a white rose in my hair. I smiled at him then stood up.

"How much of those do you have?" I asked

"As much as you want." he answered and I giggled and kissed his jaw.

He took hold of my hand and we left. A few minutes later we were in Italy's zoo and Neveah jumped up and down in excitement.

"Veah dear," I frowned as I pulled a British accent "Do settle down before you step on my toe. This pedicures costs a lot."

We all laughed and we started off with a map looking at all the animals. We ventured off looking at flamingos, lion, cheetahs, tigers and the monkeys. We were walking along and came into the gardens where there were benches and people were picnicking under shady tress and we sat down talking loudly. We soon heard a slight rustle in the grass and Xavier's sharp eyes scanned the grass quickly before he got up.

"What's up?" I asked gently tugging his shirt hem as he started walking

"Nothing." he shook me off "I'll be back."

I was about to grab him again but he was already off and I sat and just shook my head. We didn't see him until later that afternoon when we were going. He had something soft and furry cradled in his arms.

"What's there?" Neveah asked

"I'll show you later." Xav answered and I raised my eyebrow at him

Since when is he so secretive? And what the heck is that huge fur ball!

We got home and he went straight into the kitchen and Neveah lost her nerve before I did.

"Alright! What's so secretive?!" she stormed after Xavier

"Shhhh." Xavier shushed her with his finger on his lips "You'll wake him up?"

"What?" Neveah asked softly but confused

Xavier motioned us closer. We came and all gasped. Cuddled in Xavier's arms was a cute baby cheetah.

"You took him from the zoo?" Geovanni asked in surprise

"No. He got out and look...he's got a hurt paw and he's barely a few days old." Xavier showed us the badly bruised paw

"Seems like he tried to escaped and cut himself on barbed wire." Crissy examined the paw carefully "I should have guessed you'd bring home some stray animal. He's all yours."

"Awww." I cooed as I felt his fur softly and the little cub moved.

He was still blind and tried to crawl out Xavier's arms but Xavier held him still and petted him gently. He began to make a small crying noise and I guessed he was hungry.

"He's hungry." I said softly

"What on earth do you feed a baby cheetah?" Neveah asked

"Milk." I answered going over to the cupboard and pulling down a tin

I made him some warm milk and found a small bottle.

"Get him a bottle tomorrow." I said gently taking him from Xavier and putting the bottle in his mouth and he drank slowly.

"Is that what was rustling in the grass?' Jianan asked

Xavier nodded.

"He was camouflaged in the grass but I saw him." Xavier shrugged "Now let's see about that paw of yours."

Xavier cut a small piece of cloth from his handkerchief and washed the little paw before wrapping it and tying the ends. By then he was finished drinking milk and was wriggling around looking for a warm place to settle down.

"What's his name?" Jianan asked petting him

We all thought hard.

"Royal." Neveah said "Royal Junior. Named after Royal Rocks stilettos."

I laughed and the boys groaned at the thought of shoes. We all agreed on the name Royal but we called him R.J. for short. Looks like we've got another Arivonese.