Chapter 8 Suicide Note And A Funeral

I sniffed as they lowered the casket in the ground. They had covered the marks on his neck where the rope had hung him and where his nails had dug in trying to save himself.

CC kept his arms tight around my middle as I sobbed. Andy and Juliet stood back aways with Chris and Amy. The rest of the band stayed in LA.

We turned and walked back to the car where a lady was standing. She handed me an envelope and walked away. I guess this was the note she told me about over the phone.

The first note wasn't in an envelope and was just saying that he had left the house and cars and animals to me. Then I opened the envelope and pulled out the note he had left me.

'hey kiddo I'm sorry. I really am. I had nothing left though. You're mom was gone you were with those guys in LA. I lost my job and all I could do was drink. I couldn't take it anymore. I'm sorry I had to leave you but I couldn't stay. I hope you're happy in LA and I can't wait to see your mom when I get to the other side. I love you kiddo.'

I got in the car feeling numb and hid the letter. We were leaving soon, on our way to the airport now.

"You okay? " CC asked keeping his arms around me. I nodded but I am not okay.

" CC, I'm just curious.. " Chris gestured to where CCs arms were.

" They're dating." Andy muttered looking out the window.

"Shut up ass hole." I growled.

" I'm not sure how I feel about that. " Chris grumbled glaring at CC.

" It doesn't matter." I mumbled.

" As you're father-" he started.

"No, the man in the coffin could say that. You can't. You haven't been there and therefore don't get a say in what I do." I glared out the window. No one spoke as we continued the ride.

The flight home was just as awkward. We got home and I went straight to my room. I went to shower and grabbed my razor. I got out and wrapped a towel around me. I could hear Shadow in the hall way trying to get in. The whole band was in the kitchen and Juliet was with some friends.

I sat on the edge of my bed and held my arm out putting the razor against it. I cut deep and watched the blood. Shadow was going nuts in the hall, trying to break the door in.

"Shut your damn dog up! " I heard Andy yell. When shadow didn't stop but only got worst feet started down the hall. " Dammit Raven!" he started pounding on the door.

It was getting hard to focus now. I layed back on the bed as everything started to blur.