Chapter 24

"This can't be true." Jackie yells. Her heart is racing as she stares down at her husband who was hysterically crying. "Kevin! I'm here!" But of course, he couldn't hear her. Jackie could not begin to think of what she could do. Does she run for the next few years or is she truely dead? "The darkness surrounding my stab wound was still there, did he not see it?" She questioned. "What am I going do?"

Jackie collapses to the ground as she starts to cry. Not for the fact that she's dead, but that Kevin did truely love her. Like no one else has, and now he was alone. With tears in her eyes, she looks back at him and sees the dark figure manifest behind Kevin. "KEVIN!" She calls out to him, but she forgot he could not hear her. "No!" Jackie quickly shuts her eyes as she saw the dark figure pull out his weapon. Open her eyes again, she now stared at Kevin who's eyes were wide open. "K-Kevin..?"

He was pale and his blue eyes were filled with tears. Jackie stared hopelessly at those eyes. As if she's never seen them before. "Jackie? You're... you're alive?"

Without saying another word, Jackie is pulled into a tight embrace as she could feel the warmth of his skin. Resting he chin on his shoulder, she's finally is able to relax, then she remembered why she was back. The dark figure. She opened her eyes, but it wasn't there anymore. But she didn't care. She was with the man she love, and she was not going to take that for granted.

Staring disgustingly at them both, the Reaper then disappears into the shadows, his apprentice will feel his wrath for the mistake he's cost them.

That next morning, Jackie is taken back to the hospital and connected to wires. Taking multiple test to check for any trauma that she could have suffered from night, the doctor's found nothing. Walking into the room, Kevin gets up from his chair. "It's alright Mr. Peterson, you wife is okay. We went though every test we can and the only thing that was off was her weight."

"What do you mean?" Asked Jackie.

"Ma'am, by any chance are you pregnant?"

"Yes" Jackie replies.

"Well, you're not getting enough nutrients that the baby needs, you're actually starving the baby." Kevin looks back at his wife. "If you don't give your baby what it needs, you might lose it or have a miscarriage. Please better your habits."

"Thank you doctor." Kevin says sitting back in his chair.

"No problem, you two have a nice day." After closing the door behind him, Kevin looks back at her.

"You're starving the baby?"

"I'm not starving it." Jackie immediately replies. "You saw what happened last night."

"I know what I saw, but you said you don't know how you got there."

"I don't!"

"Why did you leave the hospital?" Jackie didn't reply. Instead turns and looks out the window. "Answer me."

"I can't." She whipers.

"What?"

"I can't tell you."

"What do you mean you can tell me?" Kevin's voice begins to sound more angry than concerned and it was starting to scare Jackie.

"I don't know, that's all."

"Tell me!"

"Please sit down."

"Tell me!" Kevin gets up, pushing the chair back in the process.

"Please relax." She puts her hands on his chest, but he quickly swipes her hands away. "Kevin-"

"Don't tell me what to do!" Flashes of memories come flooding into Jackie mind as she tries to clam him.

"Please, your scar-" But before she could finish, Kevin brings his hand to her neck and grasps it tightly. "Kev-" unable to breath, Jackie is now fighting for her life.