My body. It was hanging. On a rope. And I could see it. Slits of white replaced my eyes. Mercilessly, my neck was trapped within the rope, bleeding and turning purple. There were bruises and swollen patches on my otherwise colourless face with my hair swept over it like cobwebs. It was barely recognizable and swaying back and forth, hanging onto nothing. My soul was witnessing something it shouldn't have been witnessing. Was this my fate? To die like this? My arms were limp and my legs like jelly -- what could have done this to me?

Then it returned.

The wave of black-and-white, like the devil's zombies. They dragged my body down, tearing it to shreds and laughing vindictively. I couldn't turn away. What was forcing me to watch these horrible things?

And what got rid of them and made it seem like a nightmare?

The next thing I saw, was the two adults turning to me. There was no diabolic blood oozing from their faces, only grief over the death of their colleague.

"Oh, child, you shouldn't have to hear this." The nurse said, giving gestures to the man to leave. She grabbed a tissue and began wiping her eyes.

"I'll be back in a flash. Keep that pack of ice on your face."

And she left. Leaving me alone. For two seconds, when Arisa came.

"You always show up whenever I'm alone."

"People will think you're a freak if they see you talking to me."

"But I'm barely talking..."

Hot tears began to prick my eyes, from the sting on my face and the yearn in my heart for her. Arisa shifted from her position, her facial expression now concerned. It didn't seem... human. Maybe it was because she was dead, but there was no emotion or heart present in her apparently concerned face.

"Don't cry... Ayuna."

"I can't help it. You're not really here."

"Yes I am. You can see me, can't you?"

"You could just be in my head. A figment of my imagination. I've been told that it's a sign of grief, if it were to happen. You're not real, Arisa."

As the tears fell from my face, Arisa's image blurred, which made her appear sinister. It proved the lack of humanity in her that I had noticed.

"I said don't cry, you bitch!"

Her yell made me jump. The table and comfier chair was pushed further from where Arisa was. A lot further. They had practically flown to the other side of the room. I gaped at her in fear and amazement. Her eyes blared white and the black substance began to pour from her face as her hair fell over her in a stringy mess. I was staring at her, unable to think of anything, therefore unable to speak to her. Was she crying?

"I'm sorry..."

And just like that, she vanished again. I blame the nurse as she came in.

"Oh dear lord, what happened?" She asked, her face full of horror.

"I.. don't know.." I didn't want to speak to anyone after what happened. I was sat in awe, and the cold bag of ice disappeared from my face and fell onto the floor. The nurse helped me up and walked me into the grandma's office.

"Ms. Sonashi... my office... the chairs... they're here!" She was extremely paranoid and I could feel her hands shaking vigorously on my shoulder. Tears fell from her face like a waterfall as she whispered in fear.

"Calm down, Miss. Honomi! Ayuna, what happened?" Grandma was in the middle of typing some stuff up and us bursting in must have scared her.

I began to stutter, unable to say another word. She came over to me and gently cupped my face. I looked directly in her loving eyes and calmed down, equating my breathing with my heartbeat.