Rules and Guidelines

Before we talk about the rules, let's talk about content.

This work highlights only published African authors and/or published non-African authors who have written pieces of work - prose, poem, or play - that directly relates to Africa.

The different parts of this work gives only the summaries from published reviews and quotations from the story for that part. It will not give away any spoilers, and everyone in the comment section is advised to keep the frequency of giving spoilers to a minimum. We don't want to be charged for plagiarism.

The works summarized in this book are stories or poems that can be considered relatively (an we stress on this word) less-than-popular. If not this, then the purpose for the project is defeated.

*Recap of purpose of project: To get wattpadders to discover African stories that they possibly might not discover on their own.*

This project is NOT for writing book reviews. It is a means to get people talking about what the stories highlighted here represents to them; therefore, it will take a very informal approach at presenting the book summaries.

The comments section should contain your views concerning the book reviewed, or how the themes portrayed by the story or poem affects you or someone/something close to you. But most especially, we would love for you to suggest African stories you know/have heard about that you feel others may not have. We will get to pick out one of the stories you've suggested and include it in subsequent chapters. The chapter with the story you suggest (for the first person that suggests the story) will be dedicated to you.

You are free/encouraged to vote and add this story to your libraries.

There will not be a specific update schedule for the work, so keep your ears and eyes peeled for update announcements here on wattpad, and on facebook and twitter. This is very liable to change though.

Now, the Rules:

1. While commenting, AVOID the use of profane words. We want to be civilized.

2. DO NOT directly attack a previous comment (or the user posting the comment), or engage in a war of words with anyone. There will be repercussions.

3. You can show your displeasure with a summarized work in a respectable manner. DON'T go about ruining the image of a writer, or his/her work with your comments. If you know you cannot bear to obey this, then simply, do not comment.

4. AVOID implicating us by not citing a quote or a text from a published work when commenting. If you can't remember the author of the quote or text (except its an everyday quote), simply state or indicate that you can't remember. This, at least, shows that you're not the original owner.

5. Finally, and last but not least, be friendly. We want to build a community of people that appreciate stories from the African continent, and that cannot happen when we cannot make friends of ourselves.

And with that, #ThatsAboutAfrica begins.

Love,

Meet Africa on Wattpad Team.