comfort (pt. 1) || SORA

I rushed out of the restaurant I was in with tears streaming down my face. I was blown off. I felt humiliated, why did I even think I had a chance with him anyway?

Riku had his heart set on our class sweetheart, Kairi. And the thing was, Kairi liked him back too. And Sora? He liked Kairi too. In fact he ended up dating Kairi at one point, but they broke up due to some unknown reason. I'm pretty sure Sora still likes her to this day. But who really knows with Sora.

It's just... I just thought I had a chance. I'm pretty sure Riku wasn't stupid enough to keep chasing her. I mean, neither of them have confessed to each other, and not to mention, Kairi has dated all the cute looking guys on the island. I know Riku wasn't stupid enough to just blindly keep going. The four of us have always been together. But our feelings about each other were awkward and weird. It has been this way since we were children growing up.

I rubbed my eyes, trying to force myself to stop crying. A futile attempt, it just made the tears stream down harder. It's like all my emotions came raging down like a waterfall, I had been keeping my feelings to myself ever since I could remember I liked Riku.

It started in the third grade, Kairi and I were being bullied by these boys. They were really only trying to hit on Kairi. Of course, she didn't like it. So I stood up for her, and in the end I ended up getting pushed around by them. And out of no where our hero shows up, Riku. And that's when it happened. I just suddenly started liking him. Apparently, that was when Kairi started liking Riku too.

I also remember how heart shattering it was to hear Riku ask me if Kairi thought he looked cool. And that moment was when I realized that I wouldn't ever have a chance with Riku. Because he was head over heels for Kairi. I noticed all the attempts he made to impress her. All the while, I still kept falling harder and harder for him. And Kairi just fed off of all his attempts. She started liking him even more.

There was a time when I really thought that Riku would give up. That was around the time Sora and Kairi started dating. In fact, to get away from his best friend dating the "love of his life" he started hanging out with me a lot more. I was happy, extremely happy. I thought that it was finally time for him to let go, to start liking me. But of course, things never turn out the way you want them to. Life never gives you what you want. Things started getting weird between Kairi and Sora, and they eventually drifted and broke it off.

Sora started hanging out with me. And we both wallowed in our misery for awhile. We were together a lot. Ever since Kairi and Sora broke up, they started talking less. It pained him a lot, I could tell how much he really cared about her.

"Chi? Are you okay?" I heard Sora's innocent voice. I looked up with my tear stained face and rushed over to hug him, I cried my eyes out. And I had sunk to the ground, making Sora go down with me.

He immediately understood and rubbed my back softly until I calmed down. He knew today was the day I was suppose to meet up with Riku. Actually, Sora told me that Riku wanted to talk to me about something. I was surprised, it sounded like it was my time.

But I got my hopes up. Riku never showed up. I waited there for him for a whole hour. But he never showed up.

As I sniffed I heard Sora say, "I saw Kairi and Riku together down near the shopping district today," he paused hesitantly, "they were holding hands."

I could feel the tears well up. My heart shattering into a million pieces. Oh no.

"You still have me, don't you?" Sora said quietly as he got me to calm down. Of course, I always have Sora. It makes me feel better.

"Yeah." I sniffed as Sora helped me get up.

I felt his lips meet my forehead, "Cheer up, princess, you'll find someone better."

"Thanks Sora."