CHAPTER SIXTEEN: HIS STARS

"Where do you want to eat?" Cath asked.

"Anywhere would be fine." Ryutaro answered.

"I know this really fine restaurant just near the jimusho. Let's go there." Cath led the way. They didn't say anything while they walk side by side.

Ryutaro blinked as Cath stopped in what seemed to be an expensive restaurant. Ryutaro gulped. He had just received his allowance from the training but then he had to share it to Shintaro and their home expenses. He just couldn't spend too much for one meal.

Cath chuckled. "I'll pay." She said.

Ryutaro's eyes widened in shock. "I cannot let you do that." He complained.

Cath stared at him. "Kawaii!" she exclaimed. "Don't worry with anything."

"Iie." Ryutaro shook his head. He grabbed her hand and pulled her towards the street.

They walked in the streets of Tokyo.

They arrived in the wet market and stopped in front of the street food booth. "What do you want?" Ryutaro asked.

Cath stared at the foods then at Ryutaro, not sure what to choose.

"Don't tell me, you haven't eaten anything like this?" Ryutaro asked.

Cath shook her head in innocence. She pouted and stared at her feet. She was feeling stupid in front of Ryutaro.

Ryutaro chuckled at her expression. He found it cute. He took a large paper plate. "I'll have an order of everything." He told the vendor. "Take out."

Cath's eyes opened wide.

The vendor put an order of each from the stall and put it in a large plastic bag. They walked towards a vendo machine and Ryutaro took out two cans of orange soda.

"Where do you want to eat?" he asked Cath who was following him.

Cath shrugged. She doesn't really know a lot of places in Tokyo.

"Ah." Ryutaro exclaimed. He grabbed her hand again and pulled her. They ran and ran and then they stopped in a huge clearing. It was a park in the top of a hill.

Ryutaro sat down on one of the benches. Cath followed. "Do you see that?" Ryutaro asked Cath pointing at the set of houses down the hill.

Cath nodded.

"That is where my house was located." He said smiling at her.

Cath looked him in the eyes and nodded.

Ryutaro pulled Cath on the bench and made her sit beside him. "I really love this place. I used to play with Shintaro and Papa here when I was still young."

Cath just stared at him. He really mesmerized her, even since the day she first saw him.

"Look at that." Ryutaro pointed something at the dark sky. It was a set of stars. "You see the red one?" he asked her.

Cath nodded.

"That is Ryutaro." He said.

Cath stared at him in question. He smiled at her.

"Father named that star after me." He looked up. And that beside the huge star, "That is Shintaro, my younger brother." He pointed. "The large star beside him is Papa and the other is Mama."

Cath smiled as she looked at the stars he was pointing.

"Wait." He said. "That is Catherine." He said and pointed at the bright star beside Ryutaro.