Chapter 2: Secret is Born

Start from the beginning

"What's there to tell? I'm an only child, and I was a normal student back in school. I'm only taking this class since my father runs some of the top restaurants in the country, and he wants me to take over the company when he retired. Which comes with a cost." I whisper the last part, thinking about how my father was planning on merging his company with Chance's father.

She didn't have time to reply when the doctor walked in and gave me a slight smile, "So we figured out what's wrong with you Miss Dunn"

"Whatever it is can you just give me a shot, so I can get better, please?" I said. The way he was smiling at me, started to creep me out as I wonder where a female nurse could be.

"Sorry, Miss Dunn, but no shot will cure what you have. Give it nine months and you should be fine." He laughed as he walks out of the room.

I turn back to Julia, who was giving me a spiteful grin, "Who's the baby daddy?"

With her question, Chance's face pop to mind, thinking about how he was going to act once he found out about the pregnancy. What are my parents were going to think about their eighteen-year-old daughter being pregnant? This isn't good. I need to get out of here before I have an anxiety attack. Without thinking twice, I grab my stuff and walked out of the room with Julia hot on my heels "What's wrong?" she asked now seeming worried about my strange manner.

I ignored her question going to the front desk and got my dismissal paperwork before walking back out into the hot humid air. I felt like my life was spinning in circles, thinking how I was pregnant with Chance's baby. Thinking again how I could let that night proceeded that now it led to an unexpected pregnancy. What was I going to do with a baby, when I'm still pretty much a kid myself?

I leaned down and started to take in deep, strong breaths, trying to think what I needed to do. When I look up, I saw Julie glancing at me oddly. "Listen, no one, I mean no one can know about this." I disclose, hoping she wasn't the type of girl who gossips. "There's people that are a part of my life that I don't want to know about this baby. Stretch that, I don't want anyone in my life knowing about this baby. I need to get out of here now and fast."

"What do you mean you need to get out of here?" she questions me as we started walking over to her car.

"I need to leave this town and start new. I don't know where I'm going to go, but I have money in the bank, so it shouldn't be that hard finding a place to go. Once I get settled, I'll be able to take care of myself and this baby." I reveal, sending out a silent prayer of thanks to my grams for the trust fund she left me.

"Maybe I can call my brother and see if he can help you. I know I just met you, but you seem like you could use a friend right about now." She said while picking up her phone. After briefly telling them about me needing a place to go, they seemed to agree as she told them "great" and hung up the phone. We pulled up back up into the school parking "He agreed to let you stay with him. Plus, he knows who your family is, so he said if you want, you can work in his restaurant to help save some money." She said pulling up to my car.

"Thanks, but I have to know why you are helping me. You just met me" I asked. I mean I was really grateful for her help, but something about it just didn't seem right.

"I'm just a friendly person, and my mom always said if someone is in need of some help. That I should find a way to help them. Even if they are total strangers," she replied as I got out of the car, "So when do you want to leave so I know when to tell my brother you're coming."

I really hadn't thought that far ahead. Now that I had a place I could go, the faster I left, the better things would be. "Tonight, meet me back here about ten." I said, stepping out of the car, then turn around once again, "Never mind just follow me home, I'm leaving now before my parents ask questions about why I keep getting sick." I closed the door and walked over to my car.