Chapter 13 ~ Hail To the Queen

Start from the beginning

"Your father started it!"

"No Zeke, yours did! Think about it clearly! He sent mine to die! Tony was a little out of control back then but he didn't deserve to die over a company!" I yell gripping tightly to the metal alloy of his suit.

"He still killed my father!" Zeke yells and I roll my eyes.

"Zeke you and I were friends once, I don't want to kill you; but if you continue this stupid mission to murder my father I will destroy you." I growl out as I narrow my eyes.

"You're right," He says making me loosen my grip. "We were friends," All of the sudden he whips me around and grabbing my neck starts to squeeze making the armor crackle under his grip. "But that was a long time ago." I grab at his arm and start to power up my chest repulser. "Now you're just an obstacle in my way."

"I'm Sorry," I say regretfully as I open the faceplate of my helmet.

"Sorry for what?" He asks as he does the same.

"This," I say my eyes turning sad as I fire my unibeam at him making him instantly release me and fall backwards his armor crumbling around his body. He stares at me his eyes filled with a mixture of shock and surprise as he slowly starts to fall toward the ground. My breathing starts to race as I watch his eyes gloss over with unconsciousness.

"What are you waiting for? Save him!" Dugan says and I clench my jaw.

"Why should I?"

"Because he was your friend,"

"He made his decision,"

"He's a tortured and neglected little boy. He's hurt and trying to cope with the death of his father by doing the wrong thing and going after yours. He needs rehabilitation, not death."

"You're right," I say as I stare at Zeke's falling body. "God dammit!" I yell out firing my boot booster and surge toward him. "HANG ON ZEKE!" I yell out as I push the suit to go faster. How was it that an unconscious man in an titanium alloy suit could fall faster than this suit could fly? "Come on, Come on!" I yell out and then right before we hit the ground I grab Zeke and flip him over my body so that when we landed I hit the ground first shielding him from the fall.

"AGH!" I scream out as the pain starts to fill my body. There was no telling how severely I was injured but I knew it was bad.

"(Name)?" I hear Zeke ask and I tilt my head over to look him in the eyes. They were no longer filled with anger and regret but fear and concern. "Oh my god what have I done?" He says as he pushes himself up and over to me. "I'm so sorry!" He cries as tears fill his eyes. I open my mouth to tell him that it's fine and I'll be okay but nothing comes out; Only the taste of copper and the feeling of warm liquid running out of the corners of my mouth.

His eyes widen as he says, "Don't talk, don't move! HELP! Somebody help us!"

I feel like shit.

"Somebody please!"

This really hurts. I need to move. I try to move my legs but am only able to feel sharp intolerable pain. Yeah no let's not do that. Surprisingly at that very moment all I wanted was my mother and father. I wanted to be held. I wanted to feel the love I was denied for so long. I wanted to stop worrying about what would happen if I tried to love again. I wanted to be free. I wanted to love someone. My eyes flutter as my eyesight becomes foggy. I could hear someone calling my name but I couldn't respond. I was too tired.

"Peanut!" I hear Tony's voice and I blink a couple times before glancing to my right to see him kneeling next to me his eyes wide with fear and worry. Tears fill my eyes and my heart clenches at the sight of him so scared.