ONE:

This is my fourth and hopefully a lot more, anything to soothe the pain that constricts when thinking about him. I'm watching the long hand on the clock wondering why the heck that ain't moving as fast as the other.

Its sort of like how it was between me and Michael. My latest victim. 

He was the long hand and I was the short hand and in the end time was what separated us. Eventually leading me to nothing but heartache. I doubt he's wallowing probably partying it up glad he got rid of me.

I guess it shouldn't be that big of a deal this is my third relationship. Only, its ended in the same way. Them wanting more and me wanting to take things slow. I mean, is it so hard to just want to hang out without wanting to have sex all the damn time.

Maybe I wouldn't be a damn virgin if guys would just be fucking patient.

I downed the rest of my whisky and signaled the bartender over to pour me another one. He flashes a grin for the fourth time tonight and hands me another. I don't know him but I might as well.

"What's your name?"

He pops a beer and hands it to a guy nearby. "I'm Peter. I'm guessing your heart got broken and your drinking your sorrows away."

He was right on the second part. Love wasn't even in the picture as far as I am concerned.

I shake his offering hand. "Something like that. You must be a mind reader."

He laughs, "I've worked here long enough, your one of the many that come in. Only most of the time, its on the weekends."

It was Monday. Just moved into a dorm yesterday and also just got dumped via text. Asshole. I'm drinking to yet another failed relationship.

I start laughing hysterically at my life and how it became to be such a joke.

"What's funny?"

I wave him off, "My love life. I'm Alexandria Matthews but you can just call me Alex."

He nods, "Okay nice to meet you Alex, would you like me to call you a cab?"

I shake my head feeling tipsy but not pissed. What I'm hoping for. "What I need is someone that doesn't only want to have sex with me. God, I just want someone to talk to. Is that so damn hard?" I finish off the last part of my drink, glad the burning sensation has drifted away.

Peter moves towards me, "I think its time you head home yeah?"

I shake my head. "If I can still walk, then I'm staying put. Want to dance with me?"

He wipes his hands while chuckling at me probably. "I'm working. One dance and then I'm calling you a cab."

I tilt the glass, realizing that its empty. "Aw man, my drink just disappeared. I don't think I'll ever get married. Thanks for tonight, I have a feeling we'll be seeing each other a lot."

He nods, "Wait! How'd you know I was married?"

"Well, its pretty simple although I don't get why you aren't wearing the ring. I can read people but keep it a secret I don't want to be famous." It was a wild guess and I was right.

He laughs but it seems fake. I've seen a lot of those my family are total experts. "Its a long story."

"Okay. Next time?"

He nods but I know he's skeptical.

I take that as my chance to hit the dance floor.

I dance and I dance until one of my favorite songs come on. I'm happy and tipsy, and floating so I continue.