Chapter 7

A/N: I'm so sorry for not updating in so long! School has had me on a very short leash with all the homework BS! :( Sorry again! -Kassie

Chapter 7:

I let out a choked gasp as I made out a vague and blurry figure standing in the doorway, blocked from clear view because of the cloudy glass doors of the shower. I squinted at it, not recognizing the body type. It was clearly a man by the tallness and the broad, rounded shoulders. Was it Adrian? It didn't lihe any particular person; it just looked like a solidified shadow. Creepy!

I covered myself as best as I could with my hands in case it really was Adrian and called out timidly, though I meant to sound strong and tough. Okay, I might be just a little freaked out right now, but really? Who just walks into a bathroom silently while a naked person is showering? Pedo-bears do!

"Who's there?"

Nobody or, possibly, nothing answered. I wasn't quite sure, but I think the figure was blinking in and out, almost as if it was an image on a projector that was slowly running out of battery. I didn't think it was Adrian anymore. He wouldn't scare me like this. And normal human beings didn't..umm...flicker.

I blinked and opened my eyes slowly to make sure I wasn't hallucinating or something. I wasn't sure what was going on right now, but I was starting to get a little scared. The...thing was just standing in the doorway, blocking the only way out of this bathroom. 

I got a whole lot more scared when the figure suddenly appeared right outside the glass door and the door slammed shut with a BANG! I shrieked at the sound and stumbled backwards into the corner, holding my hands in front of me as the glass shower doors starting sliding open...by themselves. Nothing was touching them. And I'm pretty sure The Thing was hovering, freaking HOVERING, in mid-fricking-air!

What was this thing? What did it want? And how in the hell was it levitating and opening the doors with its mind??

I forced myself not to close my eyes like I wanted to, so I could hide in my head and pretend this wasn't happening. It wouldn't make The Thing go away. It wouldn't stop whatever supernatural thing was occuring right now. And it wouldn't stop that fear that was radiating through my chest like cold little spikes.

A loud, echoing gasp escaped my mouth as the room temperature plummeted, until my teeth started chattering and my skin rose with goosebumps. It got so cold that when the hot water hit the cold walls and floor, it sizzled and clouds of steam rose up. Soon the steam was making everything but the area right in front of my face invisible. Now I was terrified, even though I thought it impossible for my wrackign worry to get any worse.

I pressed my back into the wall and tried to take deep, calming breaths. I couldn't seem to force my lungs to inflate, though. The unnatural chill in the air and the tall, black figure that was appearing out of the mist had me hyperventilating.

I screamed, high-pitched and terrified, until something unseen cut me off mid-noise. This something unseen felt very mysteriously like a hand, cold and dead. I struggled to pry the invisible fingers from my mouth so I could breathe when a deep, rumbling voice whispered in my ear. 

"If I le-et go," it's breath drifted across my face as it shifted to speak in the other ear. This Thing, this apparation, was so close to me I could feel its body hanging an inch from mine, it's nasty-smelling breath in my face, its lips touching my ear as it spoke. "You mussst be q-quiet, underssstand?"

I nodded silently with a quivering head. Scratch that. With a quivering body. I was so scared right now and my mind was reeling with questions. What was going on? What was this thing? And what did it want from me? And again, what was this thing???

"Kn-kn-w that I'm not here to hurt youuu, childdd..." At that, I opened my eyes and looked at the thing hovering before me. What was it? I could only describe it as a sort-of human-shaped mass of swirling black and grey that could speak, somewhat. It sounded like it was breaking up, like a static-ridden radio. And it's...body was still flickering in and out.

I noticed all of this as if I had drifted out of my body to just hang over my physical body there in the shower. My emotions were centering and calming down. I was no longer horrified at the thing in front of me. I actually think I was feeling what it was feeling: sorrow, pain, loss, terror. The feelings were all negative, but it only made me want to help the strange thing. What was going on? I felt like-like I was doing my life's work, and the contentment and power that was filling me right now was only heightening it. What was happening to me?

"I am Ang-lica --- Derrick'ss fa-he-" The words were getting worse- Wait! Did he just say father??

"Pl--se, w-tc- ov-r my chi-dr-n. D-ng-r! Y-u are th- ONLY ONE THAT CAN HELP! Dangerr...." Suddenly the door to the shower slid open and the apparition disappeared in a swish, the cold with it. Just like that, it was gone. I felt sorry that it had left. It clearly wasn't done relaying its message and my urge to help it hadn't passed. I breifly wondered how my emotions had gone from deathly scared to empathic for The Thing - or Angie's and Derrick's father.